Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Converting my pa700

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yipsiotis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject: Converting my pa700 Reply with quote

So...

Finally got my studio logic sl88....

Took out the brain from the pa700, and attached it with magnets to the sl88...

Shame Korg doesn't make a module.....

Still just a prototype, gonna design and laser cut metal sheets to have a better finish.

Works great, and sounds better with the dynamics of weighted keybed, and also aftertouch....

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions...

karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg PA brain surgery - love it!! Wink
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is really neat! I would encase that Korg PA700 'Module' with wood and put vents for allowing air to move in there and you have something way cool Smile

Maybe Korg will make a PA788 sometime in the future. I really loved the idea of the PA588 when it came out, but didn't buy one, as I already had the PA500 at the time.

I imagine using the PA700 with an 88-key keybed would make the pianos much better to play. I would add Reuben's Yamaha C5 grand piano sample pack in your PA700 (unless you have it already) and see how it responds with an 88-key keybed.

Well done, sir Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What????!!!!! Damn dude, that's some crazy good work!

Korg made the M3, which was modular. I suppose that your job was made easier 'cause to either side are the rather large spaces for the speakers. But one of my favorite things about the PA 700/1000 ARE the speakers! It'd be cool if you could somehow mount them as well if you're into that.

How does all the auto-accompaniment and many many features of the PA700 integrate with the new keybed? How do you like the feel of your new SL88? And out of curiosity, how much does the control panel and electronics from the PA700 weigh? And what in the hell made you think you could pull a project like this off? I would never dare... changing out a light switch is close to the extent of my electrical wizardry!

My ideal board would be the PA 1000 with the same built-in speakers but with an upgraded 76 note semi-weighted keybed. For me the keybed on the PA1000 is its weakest link.
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, impressed.

An 88 key version with more assignable layers and easily assignable multi splits would be great
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yipsiotis,
Now that's a name I've never heard before.

I'm very curious how it plays all the various sounds.

- Upper 1-3? or is each of the Upper voices assigned their own midi channel? How do you set the split on the SL?

- With manual bass switched on, can you play bass with your LH and Upper 1-3 with your right hand?

- Can you trigger chords for the auto-accompaniment?

With my Nord Stage 88, I'm trying to do the same thing as you are, but I imagine the midi implementation is not as good as on the SL88.

And the DNC buttons near the joystick? I suppose something had to go.

Yeah, if you offered the Pa700 as a module like MwH described, enclosed and with vents? How much time would it take you once you've done a few of those?

It'd be cool to see your final prototype and send pics of it to Korg to say, See, this is what we want!!! Make the Pa700 as a 61 noter AND a 88 key weighted. Make the Pa1000 only as a 76 note semi-weighted board with an improved keybed that is consistent even when you get near the fallboard.

And the SL- in the pics you're covering the screen, a value knob and 3 buttons. Would there be room to put the Pa700 module to the right of that? Or do you think you can set the controls and not have to change anything on the SL?

Seeing the carcass of the Pa700 without the electronics is the equivalent of seeing a car with no motor, kinda sad!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: