Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joystick problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strangeglow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject: Joystick problem Reply with quote

Quite a few times when using the joystick, the pitch goes bananas and/or the sound modulates to some strange new sounds, and often lingering after releasing the joystick. It usually resets by itself after a while, or after juggling the joystick around a little bit, but then comes back when I move the stick again.

What might be the problem? Is it something I can fix myself?
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old is your unit? Under warranty? There’s a good chance that if you use the JS often, you may need to replace it. I’ve changed one in my old Triton, it’s not that hard to do. Changing one in the Kronos I’m sure is similar. Search for videos, I know some are out there. I have a new spare standing by, so I don’t have to worry about finding the part. A year ago the replacement part was back ordered for weeks.

To verify it is a bad JS, find a program or combo that sounds bad, and go into the tab and temporarily disable the JS setting. If the program sounds normal, I would guess the JS needs replaced.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this problem with a new Kronos 2, last year, after 1 year only. The pitch would change ramdonly after using joytick for pitch bend.

The Joystick is made with two little circuits : one for X axe and one for Y axe. Each circuit has one potentiometer welded on it.

I found out the X-axe circuit and replaced it. That way I didn't replaced the whole Joystick.

The X-axe circuit part is named : KLM-2704. You can buy it here : https://www.syntaur.com/Items.php?Item=6907

If you don't want to open your Kronos, you will have to send it to repair service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: