Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A year old !

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Backpool

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: A year old ! Reply with quote

Well the little EK has had it's first Birthday .... and little if not NO interest has been shown is this small GEM of a board ...

Ok ...it's never going to be a PA1000 or X model, but what a great little instrument. eg....3 upper voices no less and some fantastic ones at that!

I am really glad it was released and love mine, but I really cant understand Korg spending what they obviously did on R&D for this model......money down the pan in my view...

We have not even seen any official tutorials for it like any of the PA range. The dealers have cobbled together some bits and pieces, but all a bit 'half baked'.

As for user styles, yes, you can load 6 sets of 16 - that would be good if you could at least edit them in some way on board. Nothing in this combination has been produced or is available anywhere to load 'as is'.

Korg have not let me down at all, As i think this is the best thing since sliced bread ..... They have let their product down, big time !!

Well that's my moan over ..... Happy Birthday EK50
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Backpool,

I nearly bought one on Ebay a while back but somebody outbid me at the last minute. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I think it's a great instrument and was with Luke Edwards at Seacroft when the first model came into the Country. He spent about 90 minutes testing it and made some incredible sounds with it.

I will buy one eventually, but I hope to pay around £200 for a good condition used model. Only trouble is, I'll be tapping you up for the software files you have on USB !! Laughing

Chris
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backpool,
have you sold your spare one yet ?
Chris
Backpool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris - No its on ebay ....but I am not fussed if it really sells or not ....they are hardly expensive and happy to hang on and 'moth ball' it .
You wont be able to get these babies mint when they drop them AND THEY WILL .... if you can get one cheap grab it!!

Roland did the same with the BK7 module ....worth almost a grand each now .... like rocking horse s*** 10 years down the line...

Keith
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a PA700 and have raved about it since I first got it.

I am still considering an EK-50 as a second keyboard. It does sound nice, and I know that it lacks the kind of editing that my PA700 has.

I am intrigued by the EK-50 and its low price.

I have read many of the threads about it here in the forums and think that it would make a great second keyboard for my second tier, especially in a band situation.

I wish that it had 5-pin MIDI though, so I could layer it with a main board. Not all of my keyboards have USB host capabilities (although the PA700 does and that goes on stage with me for EVERY gig).

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Backpool

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - i Just use a single lead headphone out to stereo in to other boards

I cant 'link' the voices this way - but I just use the ek split board and assign 40 sets to to 2 halves and adjust the octave. Just for on the fly upper voices and it works great. gives you 80 sets this way!! and the voices are super
Only bought really as light and cheap holiday board but handy for both uses.

great board!!
Mitzie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My EK-50 does all I need ! I can only play one 'board at a time!

Great keybed feel for the price (probably) the best out there? Also boot up time relatively quick

I play mine with Nord 27 Key midi bass pedals with the lower voice dedicated to the pedals CH3 out from the pedals converted to CH4 into the EK -Via Midi Channel Changer/Combiner as sold by Tom Scarff in Dublin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: