Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving Sounds
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject: Saving Sounds Reply with quote

I wanted to share this, just realized it tonight, for many of you this solution has been completely obvious.

Have been really really bummed that the only space to save your Sounds is a User area for sounds that only has 4 tabs for saving Sounds. Each Tab is 16 Pages deep, so you can store alot, but having the 16 Factory Tabs is far more helpful.

However, if you go to Global > Mode preferences > uncheck Factory Protect, then you're all set to change the Factory Sounds if you want to. The Factory Sounds seem to be referenced with an absolute number, another setting in Global to turn on.

Then it's a simple matter to re-organize and re-name the Factory Sounds. I'm keeping as much of the original name as possible, and adding Alphanumeric designations before and possibly after the name so I know if a sound can be used as a bass, for example, or whatever qualities would help me sort the Sounds. Then copy and paste my favorites to the very first page of the Factory Sounds, and so on. That way I don't even need the User Sounds banks.

Most of these ideas are borrowed from Biggles.

I also thought it'd be interesting to have a Stickie on the subject of getting started with this board. I've found it very convoluted, and would have gladly read posts on the subject of where to get started, how to orient yourself. I think there are quite a few folks on this corner of the forum that would write well on this subject!

For example, this being an arranger, seems like the first task is to get people setup so they can audition and save their favorite Styles and Songs. Easier said than done! Esp the saving part. Having your favorite Styles and Sounds all ready to go is foundational for everything else, and is a super fun and engrossing way to be introduced to this arranger.

Anyways, please give your input on wanting to be part of such a Stickie.

Thanks,
Randy
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy.

Not sure if I have suggested this to you but here goes possibly again.

If you use the User keyboard sets banks you can rename them to suit such as
call one Piano and in there you pace your favourite piano voices each suitably customised to fit your requirements, then you will have a readily accessible page with all your principle piano sounds on one page.

Repeat this for other instruments.

You can also do this for groups of instruments, ie a favourites of wind instruments and another for strings.

You can also do this for genre sounds

The combinations you create in user banks are up to you.

Remember that when you update your OS the keyboard will revert to default and you will have to load your SaveAll file
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure that I would want to unprotect the Factory Resources, myself. I rather like having the Factory stuff protected, so I have the original stuff there for me, in case I have to rebuild something.

I get a lot of use out of the User Section and have not run out of space for custom stuff yet. I have two custom banks loaded, as well as my own custom sounds:

1. User Bank 1 - my own custom stuff that I have made from scratch or have loaded from packs here on the forum. I have a lot of spaces left for new sounds in this bank still.

2. User Bank 2 - This bank contains the Dopamine set, originally for the PA600. There are still a number of empty spaces open in this bank too.

3. User Bank 3 - this bank is open and often used for loading in new sounds that I may want to keep. I empty this bank when done auditioning sounds.

4. User Bank 4 - this is where I keep the Yamaha C5 piano sounds from Reuben. There are a lot of open spaces in this bank too.

With regard to being a part of the Stickie, I would be happy to help Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
taichi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This section of the forum is my favourite, Pa700 / 1000. I learn more here for some reason. (I have Pa4x and Pa1000 and intend to get EK-50, just to mess around with and take outside. Portable.) So yes I like it here.

Anything that helps “new Korgies” is great so a big thumbs up to the Stickie. As long as it starts off very basic and gradually builds up. A couple of pointers ;

1 Most “Newbies” are not adventurous because they have a fear, not unlike me, of deleting everything from their beloved new keyboard despite looking at the manual.

2 Most posts are too technical for “Newbies”, they need the basics first.

3 The Manuals are a nightmare for “Newbies” and the Dealers, where we purchase our keyboards from, are too far away or too busy to help us.

4 Lots of other stuff to consider. More later to keep things simple.

Just a few things above to help get a “structure” to our Sticki. Plan what the aims are before launching, a couple of weeks spent getting the format correct is important. Then Wow, how good will that be.

Little bites at a time.

Thanks all.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got a mix of Soundfonts, the Triton sounds and Rubens Piano sounds. And some others that Ive edited.
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy

I am seeing three consecutive posts that contain no text.
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
Randy

I am seeing three consecutive posts that contain no text.

For some reason my post shows no text. I've restarted my laptop and it looks like I can post normally now.
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
I am not sure that I would want to unprotect the Factory Resources, myself. I rather like having the Factory stuff protected, so I have the original stuff there for me, in case I have to rebuild something.

I get a lot of use out of the User Section and have not run out of space for custom stuff yet. I have two custom banks loaded, as well as my own custom sounds:

1. User Bank 1 - my own custom stuff that I have made from scratch or have loaded from packs here on the forum. I have a lot of spaces left for new sounds in this bank still.

2. User Bank 2 - This bank contains the Dopamine set, originally for the PA600. There are still a number of empty spaces open in this bank too.

3. User Bank 3 - this bank is open and often used for loading in new sounds that I may want to keep. I empty this bank when done auditioning sounds.

4. User Bank 4 - this is where I keep the Yamaha C5 piano sounds from Reuben. There are a lot of open spaces in this bank too.

With regard to being a part of the Stickie, I would be happy to help Smile

Grace,
Harry

Yeah, I wouldn't suggest un-protecting Factory Sounds to a complete newbie. But I really appreciate Biggles pointing it out to me. So many times it just takes a few simple changes on a Sound to make it useable, and why not store them in desired form?

Also, there's a unique number identifying the sound, so even if you completely re-name it and put it in a different spot in your Factory Sounds, the PA will know where to find that Sound. Fantastic solution! Otherwise you've got to keep the naming and placement of the sound exactly where its at or you'll have orphaned Keyboard Sets.

My plan is to pick my favorites in each category and put them on the first page of each instrument category, so I'm prepared to make Keyboard Sets.

I also did a few other things. There's a thread on using the Pa4x for live sound, and I shared a few more things there, like creating an entire Set List whose songs are named for the instrument, making access to commonly used Keyboard Sets accessible using the panel buttons.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=115896&start=30
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Smooth Transitions Between Keyboard Sets Reply with quote

Side stepping slightly from the topic, when you create your keyboard sets for songs what do you do to keep the transitions smooth in terms of volumes and effects.
Randelph
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Smooth Transitions Between Keyboard Sets Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
Side stepping slightly from the topic, when you create your keyboard sets for songs what do you do to keep the transitions smooth in terms of volumes and effects.

According to some really advanced users that were discussing this on the Pa4x thread that I provided a link to in the post above yours, smooth transitions are either not possible or very difficult to make happen.
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I create my keyboard sets for a songbook entry for example I try to keep the effects the same across all 4 sets. For the volume levels of the upper parts I generally set upper 1 to the loudest upper 2 and 3 slightly less than upper 1. I've also started to experiment with the upper link one the levels are right.
MusicLover400

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:04 pm    Post subject: Saving Sound Reply with quote

Hi,
Got my Pa1000 recently, trying to learn to customize it. I’ve loaded
Data from different SETS, now I am running out of memory I have to manage
The compressed 600MB. I don’t have Pa Manage software trying find the linked
Samples, multisamples to the sounds. Is there a way we can find out what samples and multisamples are linked to the sounds in the user banks?
When you load sounds from the SET, for example user01.PCG, the system loads the related
Samples (RAM0-99.PCM) and multisamples (RAM.KMP)automatically.
On the computer you can only see RAM01.PCM- RAMP99.PCM, but on the keyboard every sample has a name
How can I find out what sample is related to the sound?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Regards,
Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: