Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Electribe Sampler

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skysc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Korg Electribe Sampler Reply with quote

sorry if its a newbie question

HI guys , i would just like to know if a hardware sampler support the .WAV file that can be purchase on various sites for making many music style .

Example : a site sell Psytrance drum kit

Kick drums: 116 samples
Percussions: 284 samples
Hi-hats/Open-hats: 109 samples
Snare drums: 147 samples
Claps: 71 samples
Electronic sounds, hits, FXs: 139 samples
FX: 76 samples
Bass: 24 samples
Blips and clicks: 49 samples

Total samples: 1015 samples

Can you load them into the Electribe sampler and afterthat compose and sequence using that ? like without having the need of a computer .

Can you do the same with Synth ( like supersaw , hypersaw sound samples)sold on the internet ?

I would very much like to try to compose beat /drum pattern /bass sound /synth line etc.. but with hardware instead of software . As a newbie that come from Guitar playing , im having a hard time finding inspiration and understanding using a computer to compose and my setup is not optimal to produce using a computer as my computer is plug into my 70 inch tv and im sitting on a couch .

Is that the purpose of a sampler like the Korg Electribe ?? ability to load .wav files and press the pad to compose rythm pattern .

Can you sequence /record multiple pattern /track ?

Thank you .

Sorry for the newbie question .
TheDoctor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Electribe sample at 16bit 48khz. It can accept lower bit and sample rates but not higher. So if your sample pqck is 24bit you have to convert, you can do in most DAW, free editor or free online editor.
It's also good mention the lower the sample rates the less memory you get but the more quality you lose. I like 32khz on drums, experiment and see what you like.

Sample pack is a way to use a sampler, record thing live in and manipulate is another. There's not rule. You can use a sampler only for loops, or drums👏 or make an entire song. Sampler are audio synth in the sence of the signal path, they usually have a voice(the sample) filter, modulation, amp and effects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: