Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monologue load panel trouble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BabyPuke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Monologue load panel trouble Reply with quote

Hello synth people, first time poster here, apologies in advance for newbness.

I just picked up a second-hand Monologue, and while It's super cool, I am having some issues which very well may be pilot error.

First of these, when I do the "panel load" (shift+play buttons), it does not seem to revert to how the controls are set, but instead results on nothing but clicks from the keyes, and the controls become unresponsive. The only way I have to "reset" is too select another patch with the program knob.

Anyone else experienced this and have a fix? I just loaded the 2.0 update, but no change.

Thanks in advance.
lidserter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's weird, or its a malfunction of its about how the knobs are set. Put everything in the middle and do the play+shift load, it should sound
Korg Kross 2 61, Korg microStation, Korg monologue, Alesis Vortex wireless v1, CME Xkey 25, Peak FCB8N, JBL LSR305 monitors, Jackson DK2S, Washburn X series, Lag Tramontane, ENGL e530, TC electronic G-Major II, Rocktron Velocity 300, 2x12" Celestion V30s cabinet.
BabyPuke

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, lidserter. Unfortunately I tried that and no joy. Might resetting to factory settings help?

Thanks again
synthpeter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure that you have "knob mode" set to "jump". This setting is under GLOBAL EDIT, button 4.

If "knob mode" is still set to "catch", the setting of the knobs only take effect if the knob is in the same position as the stored value from the current program, and LOAD PANEL does not work like you expect..

With "knob mode" set to "jump", LOAD PANEL takes effect immediately..
BabyPuke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthpeter wrote:
Make sure that you have "knob mode" set to "jump". This setting is under GLOBAL EDIT, button 4.

If "knob mode" is still set to "catch", the setting of the knobs only take effect if the knob is in the same position as the stored value from the current program, and LOAD PANEL does not work like you expect..

With "knob mode" set to "jump", LOAD PANEL takes effect immediately..

Excellent, I will try that, had no idea this existed. THANK YOU!
BabyPuke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthpeter, that did the trick!

Interesting, it did nothing initially. It was already set to "jump" mode, so I tried setting it to the other modes: catch gave a generalized sine-wave sound when load panel was performed, and scale gave the same clicks as jump.

However, after a few switches back and forth, jump mode started working as expected with load panel. After trying it on multiple patches and powering on/off, it seems like it's working ok now.

I've noticed that the controls are a bit "sticky" on this machine, that is, it seems like there's sometimes a lag between tweaking a knob and it's resulting change within the synth, and sometimes I have to give a couple of extra twists to "remind" the Monologue of what I'm wanting it to do. Is that normal? I'll admit Ive only played with vintage analog synths in the past (couple of Moods and an SH-101), and these obviously were hard-wired with no digital intermediary. Is this a kind of digital latency that's normal on this type of synth?

Thank you for the help!
synthpeter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear that it works!

As far as sticky controls are concerned and the need to do extra twists; that is hard to diagnose. It doesn't even have to be a hardware issue..

What I can imagine that motion sequencing can get in the way of a setting; if you've got a motion sequence for a setting going, it will overrule the static knob setting, but itself be overruled as long as the knob is twiddled..

Another thing may be that you've targeted the setting that you want to change with either EG of LFO; those may cause the setting to change different from how you turn the knobs, or even to cause the setting to be beyond the range of the knobs..

And I'm sure there are other ways to configure/set-up the Monologue to make the knobs act different from what you expect..
BabyPuke

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your help, synthpeter! Really enjoying this little jammer so far.
BabyPuke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, this problem is back, and no amount of fiddling with the knob mode will make load panel work correctly now.

I did get a response from Korg support that suggested I need to update the panel programming version. However, When I try to reload the update, it just says my Monologue is up to date. But when I check version (by restarting holding 16 button), it says programing is version 2.0, but panel and voice are still version 1.01. I've seen no option to update the panel (or voice).

Any ideas? Thank you all again.
synthpeter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BabyPuke wrote:
Unfortunately, this problem is back, and no amount of fiddling with the knob mode will make load panel work correctly now.

I did get a response from Korg support that suggested I need to update the panel programming version. However, When I try to reload the update, it just says my Monologue is up to date. But when I check version (by restarting holding 16 button), it says programing is version 2.0, but panel and voice are still version 1.01. I've seen no option to update the panel (or voice).

Any ideas? Thank you all again.

I checked the versions on my Monologue; it has system 2.00, panel 1.01 and voice 1.01 too, so that shouldn't be the problem..

Do you run it from a mains adapter or batteries? If the power is too low, you can expect glitchy behavior..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: