Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Behringer Wings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn’t it time for Behringer to give their view on digital keyboard workstations?

Might be that we need to turn our heads towards Behringer or even Medelli for some real innovation..
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely like to see what Behringer would do with a real workstation concept.

Doesn't even have to be a keyboard workstation, as long as it has MIDI in and USB host options. Give it hardware controls, a decent screen and synthesis and multitracking options, with plenty of audio in as well as send effect outputs.

Give it a nice internal sequencer, and you're off to the races.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not terribly long ago, Behringer did pose the question on Facebook of what type of other synth people would want. Since they have released (or are going to release) so many analog variants that are somewhat copies of already created things, maybe they were interested in starting from scratch.

I posed a hardware workstation, similar to something from mid-career Ensoniq, similar to a VFX-SD or TS series (I have lots of Ensoniq in my studio and aside from my Korg Pa700, the Ensoniq VFX-SD is my other favorite).

I explained that they should certainly do wavetable synthesis, like the Ensoniq products, but add so much more. I could totally see a wavetable synth with the EFX structure of the Kronos (so many EFX at once) and other synthesis types, integrated into a single instrument with poly-aftertouch.

It would be neat to see how they would get their samples or who they would get them from. It would also be neat to see if they would integrate an engine similar to the Deepmind-12, for the analog component.

Of course, with Behringer's low pricing being pretty important, I would imagine a workstation like this would be around $1500-$2000 USD. Maybe they could do a flagship for that price and have scaled down versions for lower prices. A full-featured workstation from Behringer could totally be around $999 for a mid-level instrument (if comparing to a Krome or X2/3 or N264/364).

I would be interested in something like that from them, depending on how good the factory samples and such are.

Alesis had the Fusion workstation and those things were pretty low priced (around $1000 USD) and they were monsters for the price. Ensoniq was even blowing their ZR76 workstations out for $999 toward the end of their company life (after Creative bought them and phased them out).

I love my Korg stuff, but competition is crucial for future development. I am not a 'one brand only' type guy, but I do have favorites (as I listed above).

Let's see what they've got coming down the pipeline and maybe we will all be happy Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Isn’t it time for Behringer to give their view on digital keyboard workstations?

Might be that we need to turn our heads towards Behringer or even Medelli for some real innovation..

Before offering a comment on your comment, I went over to the Medeli website to see if there was anything new and alas, they have some new gear Smile

There is one, that according to the specs, looks intriguing. The AK X10 seems to have some pretty great features that if implemented correctly, might be worth a look. Their previous flagship, the A1000, was underwhelming, at best.

Roland and Kurzweil use some Medeli products and rebrand them as their own and I think that it is sadly funny...

In my experience, Medeli makes and sells subpar gear that is not really worth its time to look at. Maybe they are getting better with the new AK X10...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: