Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

styles jumping octaves

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fixmykorg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: styles jumping octaves Reply with quote

I have a PA1000 which repeatedly changes styles that I create. This is the sequence of events:

turn on the keyboard
press record
record new style
ok
play notes
write style (save)
exit record mode
use the style several times

then the following happens:

set tempo becomes 60
bass track shifts down an octave
one accomp track shifts up an octave

I am running the most recent software.

what is causing this ?
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: styles jumping octaves Reply with quote

fixmykorg wrote:
I have a PA1000 which repeatedly changes styles that I create. This is the sequence of events:

turn on the keyboard
press record
record new style
ok
play notes
write style (save)
exit record mode
use the style several times

then the following happens:

set tempo becomes 60
bass track shifts down an octave
one accomp track shifts up an octave

I am running the most recent software.

what is causing this ?

Welcome to the forum.
I have the same problem and reported here in the forum.
I hope Korg team read this section for the problem we have with Pa1000 and releases an update soon.
Its very frustrating and couldn't use yet my Pa1000 for weekly gigging, It is not Stable.

You can read my report here:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=119234
angelitto

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is not an isolate problem. It seems more and more people have experienced these bugs, with latest firmware updates.
I hope everyone who read this and the other topics, and if they have the same problems, I encourage them to post about this weird bug in this topic:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119133

Maybe @Paolo@Korg, or someone else from Korg, read these posts and try to resolve these bugs in a future update.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: styles jumping octaves Reply with quote

fixmykorg wrote:
.. have a PA1000 which repeatedly changes styles that I create .... the following happens:
set tempo becomes 60, bass track shifts down an octave, one accomp track shifts up an octave .....

Further information would be helpful
- is Tempo automatically changed to 60 just a play parameter or is that tempo stored in the style?
- is Bass automatically changed to octave -1 down just a play parameter or is it stored in the style?
- is Accomp automatically changed to oktave +1 just a play parameter or is it stored in the style?
Means, do you just hear that automatical changed parameters or could you see that parameters changed in style play window?

The parameters octave +/- and tempo are parameters of the style settings and can be written (without style record/edit) after the correction with "Write Current Style Setting".
If you correct these parameters of that style you used, do that parameters change again when the same style is played several times?
Do this style also change automatically that parameters, when you "Write Current Style Setting" to other locations of your User-styles?

Did you ever load (or copy) data from set folders that was made or changed on a PC?

BR wrote:
.... I have the same problem and reported here in the forum. ...

As Anthony meant: Your arrangers' issues seems to be based on your custom resources, not only samples but also PCG/STY/PRF files migrated. Pa manager can't correct faulty source code ... after Pa3X last generation arrangers (Pa4X/1000/700) will be messed up with such resources (no matter of what Korg claims)!
---> http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=119604

Before next factory restore it seems to be necessary to clean your internal disk with a proper format - recommended with un-protection (nothing should be found on internal disk after that formatting!).

After factory restore without loading or copying any data of a Set no error should occur. If you do same as fixmykorg - recording and saving an user style, that automatically will change tempo, octave or else parameters of style settings - than that should be an reproducible serious problem with Pa1000, that would have to occur with every Pa1000 (does it?).

If no error occurs after aboves procedure, at least you would have a clean system (but without user data). Next steps should be considered carefully - to preserve data structure integrity do not LOAD or COPY/PASTE FOLDERS of your Sets (Global, Pad, Perform, Sound, Style are folders not), but OPEN a Set and also OPEN a Folder and then LOAD SINGLE ITEMS like: user1--4.pcg, userdk1--2.pcg, user01--09.prf, user01--12.sty, user01--10.pad.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: format Reply with quote

siebenhirter

you say you can format the drive ,,
are you saying just use windows format .. and then load the os again...

format through usb
or plug in to a PC computer and format ...

Question
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: format Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
.. format the drive ..

Serious Pa1000-problems with custom resources (migrated files, jumping octaves etc) seems to make it necessary to clean internal disk before usage. Formating internal disk is done with Media > Format as usual (except its label cannot be edited). In order also to reliably format read-only areas, remove write protection (Global - Mode Preferences - Protect - unselect Media, Global, Factory) before formatting.

After formatting further steps as recommended in manual "Loading OS" (Factory Restore to reload factory resources ..)..
Even if Pa1000 use PC-compliant device format (DOS FAT16 and FAT32) to format storage devices, I would not do that with Windows.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
fixmykorg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you to all for replies.

I don't know the answers to the questions asked about the extent of the damage, but I will check each of the situations and report back.

I do know that I recently saved a style to USB and when I attempted to load it from there, the corruption had already taken place, even though the style was fine at the point where I copied it to the USB.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: