Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For those considering Genos . . .
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day there is one or rather one thousand reasons NOT to buy a Genos.

A Genos is $1000 more expensive than a Pa4X.
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I JUST got back from shipping my Genos to the next happy owner. In fact, I hated to let it go, but at least I didn't lose any money on it.
Down to just the PA4X and EA7 now. We'll see what happens next year!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Don (getting your Genos money back!!)
I came close to getting the Genos just after it was announced but changed my mind quite quickly after playing it - it is a nice keyboard but lacked many things I need from a professional arranger. It was too much like the Tyros I owned and that was the most disappointing thing for me. I also would never have owned one and kept my PA4X - keeping up with the technology of two arrangers is not what I need and is a time waster.
One main professional arranger for me - Korg still wins out big time.
One main professional workstation for me - Kronos tops the lot

I am not really hanging out for a PA5X - can't think of anything that would justify the cost of an update - and let's face it, there will be a significant cost!!!

Take care

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Well done Don (getting your Genos money back!!)
I came close to getting the Genos just after it was announced but changed my mind quite quickly after playing it - it is a nice keyboard but lacked many things I need from a professional arranger. It was too much like the Tyros I owned and that was the most disappointing thing for me. I also would never have owned one and kept my PA4X - keeping up with the technology of two arrangers is not what I need and is a time waster.
One main professional arranger for me - Korg still wins out big time.
One main professional workstation for me - Kronos tops the lot

I am not really hanging out for a PA5X - can't think of anything that would justify the cost of an update - and let's face it, there will be a significant cost!!!

Take care

Pete Very Happy

I understand. I have kept up with all the OS through the years, and mostly prefer the Korg.
This time of year I am using the Roland EA7 most of the time. The reason for this is the light key touch. I'm working every night and sometimes a second party during the day, and everything is four hours. The semi-weighted keys on the Korg have started really hurting my fingers and wrist, because of carpal tunnel syndrome.
I have two complete setups in different parts of the building, one in the lounge and one in the main dining area, for the days when I need to be in both places. This will continue through Christmas Eve, and then a really long night on New Year's Eve.
I probably won't be in the market for a 5x, again because I prefer, and now NEED, lighter keys. That's why I tried the Yamaha X900 and Genos. Again, the Genos is fantastic, but just not fantastic enough to have that much money tied up when I already have excellent options at hand.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Don

So sorry to hear about your "carpal tunnel syndrome".
It's a shame you cannot change the PA4X keybed (for something like a Kross keybed or other lightweight keys).

I guess a lighter keybed MIDI controller is a silly idea too as it means you have to carry another keyboard with you. At home, can you at least use the EA7 as your controller for the PA4X?

Take care

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can Pete, but I seldom bring my gear home. I play every night at the same place, and I'm able to leave it there. The Korg is o.k. for an hour or so, but four hours a night it too hard on me.
I tried using a controller but it just doesn't work very well in my setup.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
Glad you have an Arranger that suits you.

If you are not aware Korgforums.com is great for info and resources but the folks here are much more helpful.

Korgworld.co.uk and follow links to the Webinars, a great resource.

One thing here in the UK is that we can buy a Pa4X and a Kross 2 for the same price as a Genos.

I heard a Genos a couple of weeks ago whilst in store drooling over a 4X, it certainly sounded better than a Tyros but still not to my taste.

It is a pity no other manufacturer is effectively in the Arranger market in the mid to high end.

While korg forums is great for Korg Info
My favorite arranger forum (brand specific) is psr tutorial, where people are
even more helpfull.. its great that every brand has a good community these days,,

And offcourse synthzone, but thats more general in nature
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggles wrote:
Glad you have an Arranger that suits you.

If you are not aware Korgforums.com is great for info and resources but the folks here are much more helpful.

Korgworld.co.uk and follow links to the Webinars, a great resource.

One thing here in the UK is that we can buy a Pa4X and a Kross 2 for the same price as a Genos.

I heard a Genos a couple of weeks ago whilst in store drooling over a 4X, it certainly sounded better than a Tyros but still not to my taste.

It is a pity no other manufacturer is effectively in the Arranger market in the mid to high end.

While korg forums is great for Korg Info
My favorite arranger forum (brand specific) is psr tutorial, where people are
even more helpfull.. its great that every brand has a good community these days,,

And offcourse synthzone, but thats more general in nature
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: