Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA900 Key problem at initial start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shawn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: PA900 Key problem at initial start Reply with quote

Hello All,
I am encountering a new issue. I am not sure if it is related to the sustain pedal or not but, when I turn on the keyboard and it is fully up, then some keys do not work for a bout 5 minutes then all keys work. Once I unplugged the sustain jack and it started working. Have you experienced the same issue? Do you know of any remedy?
Thanks
Shawn
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: pa900 Reply with quote

if you pa900 start up fast with out the sustain pedal ,,, it might be you pedal ... i would try a new pedal or another pedal...

and if it still slow starting up ....

i would back up all....
and then reload the OS ... download it from korg and after reinstall the os ...do not load your backup yet ...
try and see if it load fast a few time ...
then put in the sustain pedal and see how fast it boot up ... it should be the same...
and if it work fine ...
then it might be something in you backup file that bad ..
let us know ..
Shawn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Duby2,
Thank you for your response. I actually have tried it without the sustain pedal and also have reset the keyboard to the factory setting via the utility screen. But still sometimes when I turn the keyboard on and it has loaded the OS and sounds, still some of the keys do not work till about a few minutes later.
I am puzzled as what is going on. As if it has to warm up. But you and I know that in the digital world there is no warming up?!
Thanks
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject: 900 Reply with quote

ok i would try
take out your sim card if you have one ...
take out your batterly....

format ...

do a OS install with a usb drive ...
download it ... not a utlity screen on ....
you will do this later ...the restore to factory setting...

you do not need a batterly in or a sim card in to do this...and do a utility screen format first ...

all ways backup first ...
and you are right digital no warming up ....
let us konw...

and leave the pedal out ...for now....you will test it later ....
Shawn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Duby2,
I tried all that. I did a format and factory reset using the OS version 1.2 and update it to OS 1.3.

It still does the same thing. When I first tun it on and it loads all the necessary resources and comes up, then some keys don't work. Then after 5 minutes all keys work. If I then, turn off the keyboard and turn it again, all keys work. It feels like after it warms up then everything works. I am at a loss as what could be happening. I also did not plug in the sustain pedal. Unless there is a short or some capacitor issue on the mother board that takes time to start up!!!
Thank you
Shawn
Shawn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Duby2,
I tried all that. I did a format and factory reset using the OS version 1.2 and update it to OS 1.3.

It still does the same thing. When I first tun it on and it loads all the necessary resources and comes up, then some keys don't work. Then after 5 minutes all keys work. If I then, turn off the keyboard and turn it again, all keys work. It feels like after it warms up then everything works. I am at a loss as what could be happening. I also did not plug in the sustain pedal. Unless there is a short or some capacitor issue on the mother board that takes time to start up!!!
Thank you
Shawn
Shawn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Duby2,

Thank you
Shawn
Shawn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Duby2,

Thank you
Shawn
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject: os Reply with quote

try this
this does a full in stall ...
read this ...

let us know ...

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=119234&start=60

http://dealers.korgusa.com/svcfiles/pa1000_std_v120_factory_reset.zip
Shawn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:12 am    Post subject: PA900 Key problem at initial start Reply with quote

Duby2,
I have a Pa900 not a PA1000. I tried looking through the link you have provided but I don't see anything related to my issue. I did install the factory reset package. It did a format and install. Although it was very fast , like it took 2 minutes only but it did allow me to use the format and install option.
Let me know if I am missing something !

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: