Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R3 saving and moving programs.Am I Crazy?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koz Mraz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:27 am    Post subject: R3 saving and moving programs.Am I Crazy? Reply with quote

This sounds crazy but I just picked up an R3, works perfectly, hardly used and when I try and save changes or move programs around on the R3 they won't store. they revert back to the factory settings as soon as I switch to another sound???

I've read the manual and even teamed up with other experienced synth programmers. What am I missing? Help!!!!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

1. Is the write protection off?
Hold down the [SHIFT] button and press the [8] button. Turn the [PAGE] dial to switch write protect on/off (see main screen). When you have made the desired setting, press the lit [8] button again to save the setting.

2. Is your saving of a program complete (mentioned in the display?

Good luck
Koz Mraz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:48 am    Post subject: R3 Save settings Reply with quote

Thanks, Yes its off.

So you can save setting and move programs from the keyboard itsels Correct?

I have read many posts that allude to teh fact that you have to use the Korg R3 software and a computer?

Is that incorrect

Thanks !
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes you can save programs from the keyboard itself.
You need to push in the end 3 times the write button. Refer also to the manual. You need to do this before selecting another program, otherwise the edits will be lost.

Do you see 'Complete' on the main display when saving a program?

The allusion to use a computer and software is there because, if you have it close to your keyboard, it is much easier to tweak a program, copy and move around programs and manage much more than 128 programs.
You don't need to delve into menus (although the R3 is pretty nice on this with it all its displays).

Bye
Koz Mraz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject: R3 Save settings Reply with quote

Hello OpAmp, I do all these steps but it does not save the sound, it saves the program name...but NOT the sound. May I send you a short Video to show you what I am doing and perhaps you can see what I am doing wrong. Whats your email. Thx
Koz Mraz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject: R3 Not Saving Sounds Please Watch This Video Reply with quote

please watch

https://youtu.be/urinytP-cFY
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I carefully looked at your video. According to me, you're doing it fine.
I'm a bit puzzled on what is going on...

Just to be sure, as near the end of the video the display is not always viewable. After saving, you switch to M3 and the display shows 70slead (factory default). Then you go back to M4 to show the sound is not properly saved. I had the impression that display shows dukey lead (as for M1) and not 3osclead (the factory default). So, could it be that it still saved something?
Do you have the same behaviour when saving at the same location (overwriting)? Or saving from a different than M1 program to a different than m4 program?

Speaking of factory defaults. Did you try to restore the factory settings?

Bye
Koz Mraz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I did restore the factory setting, several times. When I go through the steps it will save the "Name" of the program I am moving and the new program sound until I swith sounds then it reverts back to the original sound BUT the new name stays.

I am thinking that there is a battery for RAM that needs replacing?

I am researching that now

Still Crazy!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

When you write a program the content of the memory is copied to some non-volatile memory. That's why saving does not change the sound as such. But by choosing another program and coming back to the saved one, the content of non-volatile memory is copied back into memory. So something goes wrong with the writing itself I would think.
But I would think that restoring factory default programs, which is also a write operation would then suffer also from it, meaning the restore does not succeed.

Do you have the same issue when overwriting the current program? E.g take one, do some drastic edits, write it. Change program and come back to the first one. Does it still sound as before or does it has the edits you've written?

Very strange... Sad
There must be something with a bad connection or corruption of the main software.
I don't think the R3 has a battery for RAM. Even if it would, that can not explain what you see.

I would also try the editor and see what happens then.

Good luck.
Koz Mraz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: R3 Save settings Reply with quote

GETTING SOMEWHERE, I will saves edits just fine.

Could you please try and move programs from one location to another in the same manner you save edits. That's where I am having an issue.

For me, it moves the program name but not the sound.

Thanks for all your help!!!
Koz Mraz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject: Everything works! Reply with quote

Thanks, Everything works, all is good in the world, Thanks very much to all from https://sedonaelectric.com/
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Great, so what was the solution in the end?

Bye
Koz Mraz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:09 pm    Post subject: R3 Save settings Reply with quote

Honestly, after I just modified and saved a preset as you suggested it worked? .

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: