Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible new EK's ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Backpool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Possible new EK's ?? Reply with quote

Just for us 'few' EK fans - I posted this also on latest news...
Interesting watch .... we might just be getting more in the EK range

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWwncmrp3wU

keith
taichi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith hope you are well

I log in most days and post on the Pa4X and Pa1000 sections. I have both and bought the Pa1000 because I wanted something lighter and love it. But even that can be too heavy when I just want to carry it around the house, outside and to my childrens house for an hour or so. The EK range seemed to fit the bill and I was very interested.

Keith, very disappointed that there is no support here, no interest at all. As a lower entry board KORG don't seem to want the business. I am puzzled. Yamaha are pushing their lower ends ??? I am a korgie but too nervous to purchase EK range. Why does no one here want to talk about it ?? Are KORG ashamed of it ?? It looks like it. There is a market out there for something like this, bigger than top of the range keyboards ??

Puzzled Keith

Thanks
Backpool

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its odd ....myself and Mitze are 'home alone' on this one.

I really dont get it .....Ok an old sound chip but what an OS !!!
This board is super.
No .....there is NO logic on Korg's part here....why make the investment
Although as i understand it, it is doing a storm in the Indian /far east markets.

I have a SX and have to do a small Gig next week - guess what i am taking for ease????....yes an EK50 not the Yamaha.

Recently went on one of the largest cruise ships - what did the guy have .....an EK50 no less!!

Very plug and play - more memory and were home and dry.......i just love it...
In fact I have a few now .....lol Cant wait to see if they do more with this in another model as in my op. it beats the OS of PA for ease of use

Keith - and thanks for taking time to reply!
taichi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith

Moving on what Yamaha(s) do you have.

Thanks
Backpool

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have an SX900
I did have a Genos but needed a 61 as Genos is 76 and too big for me so SX was ideal, it has the same new OS as Genos with touch screen. I have had most of the psr s series. + a T4 and 5 .... I do like Yamaha but wish the two companies could share expertise and we would then have a real winner!

I did buy a PA1000 but found it difficult, Ironically, i think Korg is a better rounded sound than yamaha but the PA OS is hard work in my view.
I bought the EK for holiday use and I have to say i now play it more than yamaha.
With it just with being an entry model, they have had to make many of the controls dual function, but I like the way the OS works like Yamaha.

Oh - I also have a Liverpool. ok to use as a controller and the styles are fun! but stand alone i find the keys difficult....so thats in moth balls.....lol

I am an old organist - worked the Blackpool clubs as a kid in the 70's gave up and started again on a psr 10years ago for fun ....really loving it although I am c*** with tech ..... I just like to sit and PLAY so STS/OTS are my bag.

Thats me ....keith

[/img]
Mitzie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/nSWvi2cG-JE

...now can load Pa Styles !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: