Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No new Workstation @ namm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
billysynth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My God, I just watched and listened to that teaser clip...I got a chill down my spine.

Hopefully Tatsuya didn't have a say in this and we're ok for something big...

Just checked my bank balance... Sad Was going to buy a Fantom 8

Vas
billysynth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched that clip about 10 times now. That case that guy is wheeling in is quite a large case....they are not carrying in some small Tatsuya micro key crap...this is something big that requires a huge case on wheels to be transported!!!

If that guy is 6' tall that case comes up to his groin/midsection at least from the ground. Whatever it is it's heavy it seem solid. The solid heavy duty case is a give away for something solid powerful...competition for Moog One... Mmmmm interesting...see what happens on the 10th Jan

Vas
billysynth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can somebody work out when he opens the case is he lifting the unit out with one hand or two?

Vas
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A full-size ARP 2600 would be about right for that case.

Visible in the teaser: patch cords and handle on top (both ring true for the 2600)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWn5Tarn0NA

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
afr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
burningbusch wrote:
Korg has already posted teasers for two synths. The first looks like it could be a Prologue level synth and the second sure looks like it will be the 2600.

Busch.

This doesn’t sound exciting to me..

afr wrote:
On gearslutz the forumer D2ba wrote:

Korg have at least 3 really good high end products to unveil very shortly in next week or so.
What I can say it will be the best and most exciting stuff they have ever done in the past 10 years

Unfortunately I don't know the reliability of the source, I follow the forum randomly

So my money is on the 3rd product..

Same for me
Narioso

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fun

1st jan 7th - announcement yet unknown - but agree Prologue sequel of some sort seeing profile of keys and modwheel.

2 years since Prologue came - so time for an update.

I guess it might be possible to do firmware v3.0 - lot's of shift functions left to use on panel. So everybody can enjoy maybe. You could introduce double shift functions to reach certain areas too as needed. A mod matrix to display would be possible for things not needing extra analog stuff, like control sequencer like DeepMind, or Prophet gated sequencer - quite doable. Deepmind has 1 x 32 steps, Prophet 2x 16 steps.

Control sequencer - you just enter numbers and it can be used like an envelope with more nodes, and to control a relevant parameter jumping values etc. This is then available as source for modulation.

Separate pitch envelope maybe from filter envelope etc. Shift knobs on filter envelope is free to use.

It's just these kind of things that are missing in Prologue, really. And it's on par with all competition almost.

2nd jan 10th - announcement Arp 2600 - looks stunning with that panel for monosynth people in a nice case build.

3rd announcement TBA - PA 1000 MG arranger, my Lebanonish is not what it should, so could say nothing about post Hans1966 posted. Profile of keys is not at all like seen in teaser jan 7th - so 3rd to TBA.

2 years since PA 1000 came, so time for an real update.

Bring it on Korg....
Broadwave
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that 2nd video definitely shows a full sized 2600 main unit being pulled from a flightcase... absolutely... 100%, no doubt.

I'm presuming Korg must have made a matching 3620 Keyboard.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
This is fun

1st jan 7th - announcement yet unknown - but agree Prologue sequel of some sort seeing profile of keys and modwheel.

2 years since Prologue came - so time for an update.

I guess it might be possible to do firmware v3.0 - lot's of shift functions left to use on panel. So everybody can enjoy maybe. You could introduce double shift functions to reach certain areas too as needed. A mod matrix to display would be possible for things not needing extra analog stuff, like control sequencer like DeepMind, or Prophet gated sequencer - quite doable. Deepmind has 1 x 32 steps, Prophet 2x 16 steps.

Control sequencer - you just enter numbers and it can be used like an envelope with more nodes, and to control a relevant parameter jumping values etc. This is then available as source for modulation.

Separate pitch envelope maybe from filter envelope etc. Shift knobs on filter envelope is free to use.

It's just these kind of things that are missing in Prologue, really. And it's on par with all competition almost.

2nd jan 10th - announcement Arp 2600 - looks stunning with that panel for monosynth people in a nice case build.

3rd announcement TBA - PA 1000 MG arranger, my Lebanonish is not what it should, so could say nothing about post Hans1966 posted. Profile of keys is not at all like seen in teaser jan 7th - so 3rd to TBA.

2 years since PA 1000 came, so time for an real update.

Bring it on Korg....

Korg Lebanon is not an officialkorg affiliate..
They rebuild korg instruments/software for the middle eastern market..

Korg will never announce their products as official Korg products
Narioso

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks, then workstation and anything else is back in betting zone again - if there is a third announcement to be made .

Save the best for NAMM probably....jan 16-19 Wink
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok stop the presses I don't know if this another hint a picture of Korg karma keyboard shown at insta. That not happen for a long long time.

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trademark 'Nautilus', recently registered by KORG, sounds like the sort of name fitting for a workstation.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:
The trademark 'Nautilus', recently registered by KORG, sounds like the sort of name fitting for a workstation.

Either that, or they started building submarines...
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
Jan1 wrote:

Either that, or they started building submarines...

Or a dodgy website you just know is not work safe.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jan1 wrote:

yes, Korg is going to offer expensive workout equipment:

https://www.nautilus.com/home?adID=NDOSG2NSL2&gclid=Cj0KCQiAr8bwBRD4ARIsAHa4YyJaAa4FSO2N7e0szWkIh_AYS0uiE3nOYCfh-H7SxxNXWz2Ekl-calEaAmaHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&psearch=1

Korg has heard , for years, that their keyboards are too heavy.

Musicians need to exercise and improve arm, shoulder, upper back strength.

This each new keyboard includes a $2000 piece of Nautilus equipment.

Wink
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we got a submarine, a website with KORG’s nauti-bits, and work-out equipment.
Close, yes, but not quite.
Could also be a water resistant guitar tuner, each year there’s a new guitar tuner.
I got the registration info from a Japanese site someone at GS mentioned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: