Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca FM - How do I double the RATIO of and Operator.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gejone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject: Volca FM - How do I double the RATIO of and Operator. Reply with quote

Hi

Been playing around with this today and refering back to my DMP FM Synthesis Tutorial DVD.
Making some awesome Donk Bass sounds but I'm just not getting the sound that I want yet because I'm not too sure how to double the Ratio.

I think it is as follows:
> Edit
> Go to Operator with 'Octave' buttons
> Turn Program/Param black pot till it gets to OSC Mode = OSCn_01 (01 = Fixed)
> Move Velocity Slider until OSC Mode = OSCn_00 (00 = RATIO)
> Turn Program/Param black pot to OSC Rate Scale = OrS_00
> Move Velocity slider until OSC Rate Scale = OrS_02

Just guessing.
Not sure if this is correct.

Anybody. Question Confused
Electrive EMX-1, Volca Kick, Volca FM, Korg Chromatic Tuner CA-30, Korg Metroname MA-30, AKAI S3000XL Fully Stacked, Arturia KeyStep, RME BabyFace Pro, 15" Laptop, Windows 10 Home, Cubase Pro 10, Wavelab Elements, Revox PR99 (Fully Stacked, lucky find in a skip and refurbished after 8 years.) Happy Days.
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Almost. Setting the OSC mode to Ratio is correct.
Then you need to set the coarse frequency to 2. In Ratio mode, the coarse frequency indicates the integer part of ratio. (Apart from setting 0, which halves the ratio).

The OSC Rate Scale parameter is used to speed up the envelope generator rates when you move higher on the keyboard. Setting 0 does not scale the rates, i.e. the duration of the envelope is equal over the whole keyboard.

Have fun.
gejone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpAmp wrote:
Hi,

Almost. Setting the OSC mode to Ratio is correct.
Then you need to set the coarse frequency to 2. In Ratio mode, the coarse frequency indicates the integer part of ratio. (Apart from setting 0, which halves the ratio).

The OSC Rate Scale parameter is used to speed up the envelope generator rates when you move higher on the keyboard. Setting 0 does not scale the rates, i.e. the duration of the envelope is equal over the whole keyboard.

Have fun.

Thank you for your speedy, clear and concise answer. Perfect! Much appreciated. Very Happy Cool
Electrive EMX-1, Volca Kick, Volca FM, Korg Chromatic Tuner CA-30, Korg Metroname MA-30, AKAI S3000XL Fully Stacked, Arturia KeyStep, RME BabyFace Pro, 15" Laptop, Windows 10 Home, Cubase Pro 10, Wavelab Elements, Revox PR99 (Fully Stacked, lucky find in a skip and refurbished after 8 years.) Happy Days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: