Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh no Not Speakers again!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mabcomp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Oh no Not Speakers again! Reply with quote

Yes Speakers again.

Korg you need to address this problem. Please do away with the clip on PaAs speaker and make it independent instead of hung on the back of the keyboard, which never seems safe to me anyway.

The speaker bar itself is pretty good quality and allows the pianos to sound good so you need to come up with some independant speakers that produce the same quality but with stage power. I've got really good QSC K10.2's and they still don't sound as good on Piano quality. If you use the PaAs together with the KS10's it sounds fine but as soon as you eliminate the PaAs it sounds nothing like as good quality on Piano.

You are fortunate to get all this free advice from members that can lead to you making big sales on the new models.
taichi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do a search of my many posts reference Paas speaker bar. It is not fit for purpose. The left and right are too close together causing MAJOR feedback when using a microphone. The best cables and most expensive microphones will not stop the horrible feedback. Don't let anyone tell you that any settings will solve the problem, spent 2 years trying that.

The weight of Paas is not good for the keyboard, should come with a health warning when transporting. One accident could rip the guts out of the Pa4X.

I gave my Paas away free of charge as you will see if you do a search. There is no need for it when you can plug in other speakers and position them where you want. Use a microphone and transport your Pa4X in safety.

And Paas does not come cheap. It is a con, a rip off. I fell for it because I did not know any better. But now I do and would like to pass my knowledge on to save them time and money.
mabcomp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject: PaAs Speakers Reply with quote

I agree about the feedback issues, particularly when harmonies are selected
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taichi wrote:
Please do a search of my many posts reference Paas speaker bar. It is not fit for purpose. The left and right are too close together causing MAJOR feedback when using a microphone. The best cables and most expensive microphones will not stop the horrible feedback. Don't let anyone tell you that any settings will solve the problem, spent 2 years trying that.

The weight of Paas is not good for the keyboard, should come with a health warning when transporting. One accident could rip the guts out of the Pa4X.

I gave my Paas away free of charge as you will see if you do a search. There is no need for it when you can plug in other speakers and position them where you want. Use a microphone and transport your Pa4X in safety.

And Paas does not come cheap. It is a con, a rip off. I fell for it because I did not know any better. But now I do and would like to pass my knowledge on to save them time and money.

So what speakers do you use now?
taichi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ADAM A7X for my studio. Well pleased, excellent choice but I did a lot of research to get it right. Room/venue acoustics and position of speakers makes a big difference.

I have a smaller pair of speakers too that I use a lot now to protect the EARS of me and my family when playing at home. Don’t forget a top quality Hi Fi system, the best of all worlds for the home and family. Plug in and Go.

You must agree that it is a no brainer surely. Paas cuts out the options and its not cheap.
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taichi wrote:
I have ADAM A7X for my studio. Well pleased, excellent choice but I did a lot of research to get it right. Room/venue acoustics and position of speakers makes a big difference.

I have a smaller pair of speakers too that I use a lot now to protect the EARS of me and my family when playing at home. Don’t forget a top quality Hi Fi system, the best of all worlds for the home and family. Plug in and Go.

You must agree that it is a no brainer surely. Paas cuts out the options and its not cheap.

So you are using Adams for Gigging yes?
I don't have a problem with positioning its just that its very difficult to get live venue speakers that sound good with the Pianos and this forum is littered with the same opinion. Doesn't matter whether its Yamaha either, same problem.
mabcomp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mabcomp wrote:
taichi wrote:

So you are using Adams for Gigging yes?
I don't have a problem with positioning its just that its very difficult to get live venue speakers that sound good with the Pianos and this forum is littered with the same opinion. Doesn't matter whether its Yamaha either, same problem.

By that I mean a Yamaha Genos etc
taichi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My big breakthrough with sound quality, gigging and studio and home, came about by researching EQ settings with a lot of help from this site. Play around with EQ and the difference can be amazing. You do need to spend some time on it but trust me. Create several EQ settings on the dropdown menu and use you ears.

But be aware what you hear as a player will be different to what your audience hear. Think about that.

Good luck
mabcomp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject: PaAs Speakers Reply with quote

I appreciate your comments

Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: