Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos LS Adding and additional Internal Haddrive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject: Kronos LS Adding and additional Internal Haddrive Reply with quote

Hello all! I’m new to the forums and I just purchased the Kronos LS 88 and I was wondering if I add a second internal Drive 1: does it go on Sata port 0 or 1? 2: will the second harddrive have all of the capabilities as the OS drive? 3: If I replace the OS harddrive with a bigger one how would I do it on a Mac. Sorry if these questions have already been ask! Oh’ one more question is the Sata port on this keyboard hard to get too? Sorry two more does it void the warranty to do this?
Pro Tools Ultimate & Vanilla 2020.5 | Studio One 4.6.1 Pro | Apollo X8 | 2020 MacBook Pro i7 2.3GHZ | 16GB Ram | 512GB SSD | Catalina 10.15.4 | Korg Kronos LS 88 | 2nd Kronos SSD Samsung EVO 860 500GB

Last edited by zion on Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you in the US ?

Yes, assuming so, your warranty will be voided.

Have an auth service center add the 2nd SSD
zion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
are you in the US ?

Yes, assuming so, your warranty will be voided.

Have an auth service center add the 2nd SSD

The Retailer I purchased it from gives a 2yr warranty and they said that they will cover it and that doing so doesn’t void there warranty.
Pro Tools Ultimate & Vanilla 2020.5 | Studio One 4.6.1 Pro | Apollo X8 | 2020 MacBook Pro i7 2.3GHZ | 16GB Ram | 512GB SSD | Catalina 10.15.4 | Korg Kronos LS 88 | 2nd Kronos SSD Samsung EVO 860 500GB
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

It's highly surprising a Korg retailer tells you this, but if you feel confident about doing it, follow the procedure Purgatory wrote in the link below.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=118683&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
zion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Hi there,

It's highly surprising a Korg retailer tells you this, but if you feel confident about doing it, follow the procedure Purgatory wrote in the link below.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=118683&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Yeah I’m confident. I’ve done business with these guys for many many years.
I would prefer to leave the system drive as is and store and load everything from the secondary drive. I will be adding a Samsung EVO 860 500GB. What limitations are there with the second drive if any? Is there any advantage of replacing the system drive other than for more space and faster load times?
zion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Hi there,

Yeah I’m confident. I’ve done business with these guys for many many years. I would prefer to leave the system drive as is and store and load everything from the secondary drive. I will be adding a Samsung EVO 860 500GB. What limitations are there with the second drive if any? Is there any advantage of replacing the system drive other than for more space and faster load times?
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zion wrote:
KK wrote:
Hi there,

Yeah I’m confident. I’ve done business with these guys for many many years. I would prefer to leave the system drive as is and store and load everything from the secondary drive. I will be adding a Samsung EVO 860 500GB. What limitations are there with the second drive if any? Is there any advantage of replacing the system drive other than for more space and faster load times?

If it were me, I would confirm that conversation with the owner, via email.

I do exactly what you plan. Leave Factory SSD as is, and everything else on the 2nd SSD.

You only gain a few seconds, maybe 10,at boot up, swapping out the factory SSD with something better.
zion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="GregC"][quote="zion"]
KK wrote:
If it were me, I would confirm that conversation with the owner, via email.

I do exactly what you plan. Leave Factory SSD as is, and everything else on the 2nd SSD.

You only gain a few seconds, maybe 10,at boot up, swapping out the factory SSD with something better.

Yeah I have the whole conversation in e-mail. 500GB is more than enough for me. Thanks for the info. I will be adding just the secondary drive.
zion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I received my Kronos LS 88 today! I took my time and very carefully installed a 500gb Samsung EVO 860 as the second drive and it was really simple. I’m really glad I did because the system drive only had about 37GB free. There where no complications at all. This is a really nice board! Now I have to read the manual. Thanks for all the info. Also I forgot to mention I love the Keybed!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: