Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emergency Evacuation with my Kronos

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:17 pm    Post subject: Emergency Evacuation with my Kronos Reply with quote

As you will know, Australia is in the grip of a fire catastrophe. Well...I live right in the centre of the danger zone in the beautiful forests of eastern Victoria. I spent most of New Years Eve poised to defend my house as the ominous glow and thunderous noise grew closer. I was only 20 mins from confronting the fire when the wind changed and the fire steered clear of my town. Then cutoff from the rest of the state by road, no power phone or internet, with only my small generator for almost 3 days. It was a short reprieve when we were instructed to evacuate to a town 100kms away as our town was considered under greater threat than before. In the short time I had to pack my car, I had to choose what I didn't want to lose out of all my music gear.

I chose my Kronos2-73, over all my other gear, as well as my "life" on computer and backup drives, and of course the usual clothing, passports etc.
Sometimes it's more than the money to replace, it's all the tedious work and collecting which I would have dreaded to have to go through again.
My town is safe...... for this week...... and when I returned, my house, (and studio) were just as I left it. I feel for the many people in the wider area who have already lost everything. The scale of this is nothing like anyone in living memory has seen anywhere in the world. I know some of you may have witnessed the California fires...well multiply that by 100, and you get an idea of the scale!

Chris
Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear you and your home and town are ok!

Very interesting what we decide matters when we have to make a choice. I hope I never go through that.

Hope they get these fires contained soon - sounds awful!
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m also glad you were spared the pain of loosing your home. The world is watching and hoping all this will end soon. Back in 2013 the building that my band used as our practice studio burned to the ground. Almost all of our equipment was lost. I was lucky because both of my keyboards were safe at home with me, although my amp, mics, stands, cables and pedals were lost. The guitar player also took his guitars home so they were safe. Everything else was lost. Insurance helped, but some things were never replaced. I’ve always been over cautious, perhaps paranoid, but I keep a copy of my back up files, as well as other important documents in a lock box at my bank, just in case of fire or storms here at home. Photos can never be replaced unless you have a back up plan either.

Stay safe my friend, we’re wishing everyone our best.
IAA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris it is truly distressing to witness the sheer scale of the fires there. We were over in early Australia last year (our first trip down under) and we were blown away at the beauty and scale of the landscape as well as the tremendous spirit of the people. It’s awful but our thoughts are with you and I really hope your village is ok and your life can pick up where it left off.

Ian
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Emergency Evacuation with my Kronos Reply with quote

DeltaJockey wrote:
As you will know, Australia is in the grip of a fire catastrophe. Well...I live right in the centre of the danger zone in the beautiful forests of eastern Victoria. I spent most of New Years Eve poised to defend my house as the ominous glow and thunderous noise grew closer. I was only 20 mins from confronting the fire when the wind changed and the fire steered clear of my town. Then cutoff from the rest of the state by road, no power phone or internet, with only my small generator for almost 3 days. It was a short reprieve when we were instructed to evacuate to a town 100kms away as our town was considered under greater threat than before. In the short time I had to pack my car, I had to choose what I didn't want to lose out of all my music gear.

I chose my Kronos2-73, over all my other gear, as well as my "life" on computer and backup drives, and of course the usual clothing, passports etc.
Sometimes it's more than the money to replace, it's all the tedious work and collecting which I would have dreaded to have to go through again.
My town is safe...... for this week...... and when I returned, my house, (and studio) were just as I left it. I feel for the many people in the wider area who have already lost everything. The scale of this is nothing like anyone in living memory has seen anywhere in the world. I know some of you may have witnessed the California fires...well multiply that by 100, and you get an idea of the scale!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Here in France, every day we get new scary images coming from your country. There is no word which could estimate what happens.
The only thing I can tell you is that my thoughts and my heart are all turned toward you and your people...
yeskeys

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, SO sorry for what you and your countrymen are going through. I wish you the best and am glad you are OK.

Of course the K2 has the depth to last a lifetime. It's the only keyboard you really ever need. I however, would be hard pressed to pick which of my guitar babies to carry on the name....
Korg Karma module, Kronos61, SEQUENTIAL PRO3, DSI OB6, Oberheim OB8, XStation25, Yamaha MFC (for Karma Pads), Omnisphere, guitars by Tom Anderson, Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, D'Angelico, Parker, Line6, Guitar Processors by Fractal Audio, Amplification by Mesa, Carvin, w/Celestion V30(!)
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Chris, we have our fingers crossed for you here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: