Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestate section of the forum now open.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Narioso

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was shipped 2 hours ago, can't wait....
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picking mine up tonight. Game on !!

I’ll be writing everything on it along with my Roland 404 sx sampler.
nigelb001

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been sampling the delights of my Wavestate for a week now. Still at the preset performance surfing and knob twiddling stage at the moment but many of the sounds are incredible. Some are a bit gimmicky but that's the nature of any synths preset banks. I've not delved deeper yet but I imagine I have quite a learning process ahead. It's a great tool and really compliments my style of music composition.

A good friend of mine owns our local music shop and ordered it from his Korg rep on the staff purchase scheme so a bit of queue jumping went on, but I'm so pleased to get it at this early stage. According to the rep, if you're not on a current pre-order list there will be several months wait.

All the best to those who are patiently waiting for theirs.
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d like to just get to the multisamples, quickly for now. The guitars especially.

Any clues. I haven’t a lot of spare time due to work commitments. Not being lazy, honest!
Cool
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wavestation Voice Name List details the Multisamples, if that's what you're after. There seem to be plenty of guitar samples to choose from.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/840/
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The Wavestation Voice Name List details the Multisamples, if that's what you're after. There seem to be plenty of guitar samples to choose from.

https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/840/

Thanks. I have the list but when I’ve looked On my synth I can't find that list. I need to spend more time on it this weekend.

By the way, I think the Wavestate is a really special little synth and I’ve owned 2 Kronos.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by the Owner's Manual, if the MS parameter is selected, moving the Value dial or pressing Enter brings up the Multisample Select popup. Not sure what options become available in the popup for navigating through the list, but holding Enter whilst turning the Value dial allows scrolling by a whole page, well 5 lines at a time. When the Wave Sequence page Mode parameter is set to Single Multisample, the Multisample name is shown instead of the overview, if that helps.

runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Going by the Owner's Manual, if the MS parameter is selected, moving the Value dial or pressing Enter brings up the Multisample Select popup. Not sure what options become available in the popup for navigating through the list, but holding Enter whilst turning the Value dial allows scrolling by a whole page, well 5 lines at a time. When the Wave Sequence page Mode parameter is set to Single Multisample, the Multisample name is shown instead of the overview, if that helps.

Found it. Cheers Very Happy
StolenToast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I preordered in mid-February but now my shipment is pushed back until April...
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be worth shopping around. One or two outlets are presently showing as having Wavestates in stock. As always, call the store to double check.

If no joy there, you could try asking for a discount. The local store seems to be offering the next tranche of Wavestates, for mid-end-April delivery, at around 9% cheaper than the original offering.
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered mine on Sunday, will arrive today!

Let's see if I have time to test it this evening...
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I’m loving about the Wavestate is it’s small form factor. It makes it boutique in some ways but with the full size keys it pushes it into power synth territory.
StolenToast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
It might be worth shopping around. One or two outlets are presently showing as having Wavestates in stock. As always, call the store to double check.

If no joy there, you could try asking for a discount. The local store seems to be offering the next tranche of Wavestates, for mid-end-April delivery, at around 9% cheaper than the original offering.

I found one in stock but by the time I contacted them about it they sold out. I also checked the local stores but they aren't that great and they don't have any. One store on Reverb is selling it but I'm not gonna pay extra shipping when everywhere else would send it free, even if I have to wait.

Guess I'll just wait, I've got lots of other toys to play with. It'll be a surprise come April and it's slipped my mind.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether you're still waiting for your Wavestate to arrive, or have already got hold of one, this video quite nicely demonstrates what Wavestate does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1YraFfUKlc

Yanoa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I spend at least 4 hours a day with him to learn how he works. At the beginning I learned the basic concepts of this synthesis method, then I went through around fifty patches to see how they are made. For the past few days, I've been reading the manual, page by page, parameter by parameter, with the synth in front,
to learn exactly how it works.
It's an easy and complex way to do it. Easy because if we already know the subtractive synthesis, we can focus on the specifics of multisamples. Complex by the quantity of parameters, variables and interactions between them.
You also need to be able to remember all the available options in mind during programming, which is not easy given the large number of these.
It's going to take me a little while to get the patches I have in mind, but once I finish reading the manual, I would be well equipped to face and take full advantage of this great instrument, whatever someone may say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: