Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa1000 - issue with drum loops

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shiran1986

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 - issue with drum loops Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

I wondering if you encounter with this issue..
When i create new style and import drum loop into the DK track and save it.
Then every time that clicking the style it gives me another drum set (midi) instead the loop.
In order to fix the issue i need to click on the style twice.

Troubleshooting that i already did:

1) Factory reset and upgrade to v 1.3.1.
2) i didn't load my set just the loop and creating new style.
3) trying to use different loop sound.
4) writing the correct settings of the style

Nothing above solved my issue.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Shiran
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - issue with drum loops Reply with quote

shiran1986 wrote:
... When i create new style and import drum loop into the DK track and save it ....

Keep in mind, that you can not import audio grooves (drum loops) to be used for style tracks.
It is necessary to dismantle drum loops in SAMPLE MODE via TIME SLICING procedure before.

Time slicing procedure is to complete with saving data to internal memory (WRITE SLICE > soundbank > sound).

After time slicing procedure is completed following data reside in memory:
a NEW SOUND/DK (pcg) together with a series of separate PERCUSSIVE SAMPLES (pcm) and its MULTISAMPLE (kmp), arranging samples on the keyboard.
Additional automatically a MIDI Groove (grv) containing the original sequence converted to MIDI events will be created.

Without these data (PCG, GRV) it is not possible to create a new style with drum loops.

Note: Now perform the import groove operation before switching off the instrument, because .grv-files generated via time slice method will be deleted.

In style record mode use IMPORT GROOVE and with FROM select the .GRV pattern, with TO E/CV select the target element/chordvariation and with TO TRACK select the track of the style (drum track per default).

Last step: now the sound of that track with its grv-pattern is to assign to that PCG-item that was generated via time slicing.

Summary: Disassemble the drum loop with the sample editor into a PCG file.
Import the corresponding GRV file with the Style Editor into a drum track and use the PCG file as a drum kit for this track.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa1000 - issue with drum loops Reply with quote

shiran1986 wrote:
... When i create new style and import drum loop into the DK track and save it ....

Keep in mind, that you can not import audio grooves (drum loops) to be used for style tracks.
It is necessary to dismantle drum loops in SAMPLE MODE via TIME SLICING procedure before.

Time slicing procedure is to complete with saving data to internal memory (WRITE SLICE > soundbank > sound).

After time slicing procedure is completed following data reside in memory:
a NEW SOUND/DK (pcg) together with a series of separate PERCUSSIVE SAMPLES (pcm) and its MULTISAMPLE (kmp), arranging samples on the keyboard.
Additional automatically a MIDI Groove (grv) containing the original sequence converted to MIDI events will be created.

Without these data (PCG, GRV) it is not possible to create a new style with drum loops.

Note: Now perform the import groove operation before switching off the instrument, because .grv-files generated via time slice method will be deleted.

In style record mode use IMPORT GROOVE and with FROM select the .GRV pattern, with TO E/CV select the target element/chordvariation and with TO TRACK select the track of the style (drum track per default).

Last step: now the sound of that track with its grv-pattern is to assign to that PCG-item that was generated via time slicing.

Summary: Disassemble the drum loop with the sample editor (via timeslicing) and write it into a PCG file.
Import the corresponding GRV file with the Style Editor into a drum track and use the PCG file as a drum kit for this track.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: