Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WAVESTATE EDITOR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Narioso

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:

I think we need a favorites function, for all, WS, prog, perf, samples. I think we need a USER category too. Interestingly i just found that when browsing programs with sort order by category, the first one s(except init program) is the one the user has created surely because they are not categorized yet. So if you want a quick access to your own programs before you categorize (put in a category) them, just put the sort order to category .

Agree on favorite stuff - would help.

Good tip on category, thanks.
bobbybland

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, you can really get lost by loading anything and just diving in. I love what Korg has created here.
Yanoa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-IA wrote:
Narioso wrote:

- identify interesting program parts of 700+ of that to combine with something else - layer C in performance B12 etc
- looking through the 1000 wave sequences and mark up those that are interesting skelleton and start swapping sounds that are sequenced in those and save as own ones.
- about to look through samples and multisamples that I find interesting to swap into wave sequences.

I think we need a favorites function, for all, WS, prog, perf, samples. I think we need a USER category too. Interestingly i just found that when browsing programs with sort order by category, the first one s(except init program) is the one the user has created surely because they are not categorized yet. So if you want a quick access to your own programs before you categorize (put in a category) them, just put the sort order to category .

Absolutely. A FAVOURITE fonction are needed urgently. Maybe in the next firmware version?
bobbybland

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg allows up to 10,000 user patches in the Wavestate. Let that sink in for a minute Laughing
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobbybland wrote:
Korg allows up to 10,000 user patches in the Wavestate. Let that sink in for a minute Laughing

It's even more than that - what we are quoting is "tens of thousands."
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
bobbybland

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
bobbybland wrote:

It's even more than that - what we are quoting is "tens of thousands."

That's amazing! Wink I recently rearranged my studio and the Wavestate is a few feet away from main Keyboard and where I actually sequence at in my DAW. I'm hoping there's a chance for an Editor,as I'd love to just be able to pull it up in my daw or alongside of it.

Right now,I'm using the librarian with some success, but cannot edit patches without leaving my main keyboard to move closer to the Wavestate. My fingers are crossed for Korg to bring us a nicer solution.
dudtwo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This synth DEFINITELY needs an editor to be able to take full advantage of it's resources. It has the capacity to be an amazing piece of equipment and sell far more than I imagine it already has, but without an editor to allow it to be FULLY utilised, it will undoubtedly fail in the popularity stakes and be forgotten, which would be a travesty. Come on Korg!
padking

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice to have a answer from Korg, Yes, in the futur, or nope.
I am waiting for that answer to decide if I will keep my wavestate or not.
It's a great synth but with my eyesight it's a real pain to try and edit new patches.
pranaearth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

padking wrote:
Would be nice to have a answer from Korg, Yes, in the futur, or nope.
I am waiting for that answer to decide if I will keep my wavestate or not.
It's a great synth but with my eyesight it's a real pain to try and edit new patches.

I'm in the same boat as you.
Getting older has been tough on my eyes, and I never realized how much it would impact my music making.
davc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and for us Windows OS users ... the Librarian has not worked since the May OS build update ( OS Build 2004 ) ... it worked fine in build 1909 ... so i put off upgrading until the Nov OS 20H2 update ... whoops ... now i don't even have a functioning Librarian for the latest Windows OS ... let alone an Editor ..!!?!

i think folks will move on to something else without better software support for the Wavestate ..!? seems we've just lost some value as the price has come down ..!

can't grasp how we have a Editor for our 9 engine'd Kronos , but not for the Wavestate ..??
pranaearth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
Was there an editor for Wavestation back in the day?

Yes, there were several available back in the day.
zynewave

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to import user created sounds would be immensely helpful and enable use-cases for the Wavestate which may not be super obvious.

A use-case for the Wavestate (which I wanted to use it for) could for example be:

For game development: Creating evolving ambient background patches, an instrument like Wavestate is basically perfect - but often very specific sound elements are required, which cannot be replicated with the factory presets. For example, it could be bubbling lava sounds, forest noises, howling wolves or certain monster growls, etc. Some of those sounds may have to be very specific to the game production, and therefore the ability to upload user sounds to fill in would be a gamechanger for the usability of the device in this regard.

It would also be extremely interesting to see what it could do with sampled vocal/voice track mixing.

I don't know if this is the place to petition for this added functionality, but I really think Korg should prioritize this functionality for the Wavestate, it would open up so many possibilities.

What I hope does NOT happen, is that Korg wants to keep it locked down to sell future 'sound expansions' or something like that - my worries might be obviously tainted by the game industry and their questionable business schemes Very Happy

It could be that wave files need to be indexed and set up with some program variables, but this could be handled with some sound import wizard via Sound Librarian, and maybe have initial values set to some defaults. Not every sound necessarily needs x variations / pitches so on, even if they may not sound optimal.

Great device, love it very much and still learning to use it, well done Korg!
shrrdavid

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump....

Are they any updates on when and what will be done about the Wavestate not working in newer versions of Windows?

Or if they are going to make an editor for it?

Or has the Wavestate simply been abandoned already.....
Soundsgood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shrrdavid wrote:
Bump....

Are they any updates on when and what will be done about the Wavestate not working in newer versions of Windows?

Or if they are going to make an editor for it?

Or has the Wavestate simply been abandoned already.....

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=122230&start=45
iPad, Roland-D05, Elekrtron Digitakt, Elektron Digitone, Novation Peak
A lot of cumputer stuff!
shrrdavid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the solution is to force a beta install of windows 10?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: