Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WAVESTATE EDITOR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RC-IA
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
RC-IA wrote:
@Danatkorg

Will the editor standalone only or VST/au as well? thanx

Standalone. It's really pretty different from common SysEx-based editors, since it's genuinely a front panel for the synth. There's no independent data storage; everything is stored in the instrument.

Thank you Dan Smile
shrrdavid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
shrrdavid wrote:
So, about a year after the Wavestate was released, we will be getting some sort of an editor, sometime in the future. But a Synth that is not released, already has one.....

Interesting....

It will be nice to have an editor. But based on the description Dan gave, that is not exactly what we are going to get. The animations could be nothing more than an oscilloscope.

I was hoping for more of a full blown editor. So you can see everything in the sequence(s), etc.

Curious to know more about what we will get thou, and when...

Wow, a number of assumptions there! Some corrections:
(1) Modwave isn't released yet, and neither is its editor
(2) I wrote that it was an editor. It is in fact an editor. Smile I also noted one of the editor's features, realtime display of modulated values, which takes advantage of the USB network connection.

I did mention that the Modwave has not been released. No one can do anything other than make assumptions, simply because you didn't really give a lot of info to go on. "Editor" is a very vague term.

I love my Wavestate, it is an awesome and well thought out Synth. But at the same time I have other synths that have pc support that didn't take over a year. And that is not an assumption, it is personal experience. Many Wavestate owners have felt like is was left out in the cold, and I am glad to see that is not the case at all.

Lots of people have expressed interest in an editor for the Wavestate, and it is awesome that there will be one. Kudo's to Korg for writing one.

I look forward to the editor, I just find it odd that it took a year to announce it, let alone release it.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shrrdavid wrote:
"Editor" is a very vague term.

Seriously?

shrrdavid wrote:
I love my Wavestate, it is an awesome and well thought out Synth. But at the same time I have other synths that have pc support that didn't take over a year.

Neither did wavestate. It shipped - still less than a year ago, btw - with Windows support. Microsoft broke it twice for the latest Windows 10; the first time we could fix it, but the second time there was nothing that we could do on our side, and fortunately they have now released a fix.

shrrdavid wrote:
I look forward to the editor, I just find it odd that it took a year to announce it, let alone release it.

To me, it seems better to have not announced it a year before we could ship...
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
shrrdavid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, editor is a very vague term. Like I said before, without more details it is just vague. Everyone will know what you know when it is released, or more information is given on it.

As far as Microsoft breaking things, that is nothing new. Just as an example this system is locked to 1903. I have other ones locked to different versions so I can continue to do development and get around things that Microsoft broke in the latest's forced version. I strongly recommend any developer to do the same.

Like I said before, I love what you can do with the Wavestate. It is very versatile. It does what it is supposed to without any complaints. But it is not the easiest thing to set up, especially in the middle of a keyboard stack. I didn't think about that when I first got it, and depending on where I put it on my stands, I can't program it without taking it out of the stand. Heck, I can barley see the screen where it is in the stack now.

Being able to set it up the way you want to on a computer will be a welcome thing for many Wavestate owners. I know it will for me.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shrrdavid wrote:
Yes, editor is a very vague term. Like I said before, without more details it is just vague. Everyone will know what you know when it is released, or more information is given on it.

What do you want to know?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
shrrdavid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:

Workflow would be a good start.

But if it is not finished it would be best to just wait and see what gets released when it is closer to being done.

Do you have a beta program for it?
nobuyoshi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
shrrdavid wrote:

Even though that wasn´t directed at me Wink , I´d really like to know whether:
- ... the different lanes are visualized
- ... they can be edited right in the bar graphs (pulling handles instead of entering numbers)
(I´m thinking of the explanatory graphics in the manual with the colored bars here)
- ... the effects, ie their presets and parameters are visualized or present real values (to let me know what am I doing when I set the delay time parameter to +3.7!?)
- ... there´s an easy way to change several layers´ envelopes simultaneously
- ... it´ll be possible to set modulations for several layers simultaneously

If there´s a beta, I´d be glad to participate.

(While waiting for my pre-ordered Modwave, I´d really love my Wavestate to remember the last sample set category when jumping back and forth. It´s sooo tedious to have to set the category anew every time I change the sample source... it must have been asked a thousand times already, but is there hope for a fix?)
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the editor replace the librarian or work alongside it?
Narioso

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

nobuyoshi wrote:
...I´d really love my Wavestate to remember the last sample set category when jumping back and forth. It´s sooo tedious to have to set the category anew every time I change the sample source... it must have been asked a thousand times already, but is there hope for a fix?)

That's a good suggestion. yes please.
Especially doing waveform samples you try a lot what fits better for the sound you have in mind. And doing 2 oscillators in 2 layers to make 2 oscillator synth sound like single multisamples.

So remembering last category even swapping layer would be swell. Last filter selection going back and forth.
UltraMike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the editor be using the same form of communication that the Updater and Librarian uses? A lot of us have been unable to get the Wavestate to communicate with our computers this way! Myself included. I haven’t been able to update to the newest firmware and no one seems to be able to help!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Communication with the Wavestate is its big let down. I haven't been able to "talk" to it at all, since day one!! :-(

UltraMike

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Communication with the Wavestate is its big let down. I haven't been able to "talk" to it at all, since day one!! Sad

Same here!
erwincoumans

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote an unofficial editor for the Korg Wavestate. You still have to fix the USB connection though. Latest 1.06 firmware should work on Mac OSX. Updating to latest Windows version and picking the USB RNDIR driver from Microsoft, as described in the documentation should work.

Here is a video with download links for the editor for Windows and Mac OSX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUI_8IWjp_o
nobuyoshi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
shrrdavid wrote:

Shhh Shhh Shhh
RJackson77

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So it won't be a sysex-based editor, more of a real-time thing. Given the difficulties with Windows updates, is a sysex-based editor outside the realm of possibility?

What about an Android or iOS style editor?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: