Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New with Kronos, need help with samples

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mezzopiano

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:10 am    Post subject: New with Kronos, need help with samples Reply with quote

Still getting to know this beast..

Sorry if this has been answered before, couldnt find it.

I purchased a third party sample pack (KSC, with its PCGs of course). it is around 500 mb. Working now with autoload. It is fantastic

However, i am loading the full samplebank (500mb) everytime and i selected just the necessary PCGs and created my own bank, so..

Is there a way to unload the unused samples from a KSC so i can resave them and save some space? I need just around 200-300 mb from that KSC
janrhansen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure this can be done. I havn't come so far yet. But if its possible, you will need to do it like this:

1: Find out what individual samples the programs you want to load uses.
2: Load the ksc to the sample editor, delete the samples you don't need
3: Save a new ksc to the ssd.

The problem that I see is, I don't know if you actually are allowed or even able to do this with a 3'rd party KSC pack. Remember you have to register the pack with your Kronos serial no. and if this "copy protection" is to be efficient they really can't let you mess with the KSC file and then still have the Kronos see it as "registered" if it isn't the original KSC file you try to autoload. If it works as I would think it does it will check the file on autoload for a crc hash code wich will be different when you change the file in any way. Even if you still had the Original KSC file on the ssd, if this is possible to do, you would be able to copy copyrighted samples and use them in any way you'd like, and most 3'rd party KSC packs can't even be transfered to a 2'nd Kronos, unless you repurchase the pack. Some let you purchase at a discount if you need a pack that you already have and you need it for a 2'nd Kronos. But do let us know if you or anyone else have tried this or know if its possible
IAA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load the userbank.ksc to stream from the disk, then you don’t need to worry.
Mezzopiano

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janrhansen wrote:
Not sure this can be done. I havn't come so far yet. But if its possible, you will need to do it like this:

1: Find out what individual samples the programs you want to load uses.
2: Load the ksc to the sample editor, delete the samples you don't need
3: Save a new ksc to the ssd.

The problem that I see is, I don't know if you actually are allowed or even able to do this with a 3'rd party KSC pack. Remember you have to register the pack with your Kronos serial no. and if this "copy protection" is to be efficient they really can't let you mess with the KSC file and then still have the Kronos see it as "registered" if it isn't the original KSC file you try to autoload. If it works as I would think it does it will check the file on autoload for a crc hash code wich will be different when you change the file in any way. Even if you still had the Original KSC file on the ssd, if this is possible to do, you would be able to copy copyrighted samples and use them in any way you'd like, and most 3'rd party KSC packs can't even be transfered to a 2'nd Kronos, unless you repurchase the pack. Some let you purchase at a discount if you need a pack that you already have and you need it for a 2'nd Kronos. But do let us know if you or anyone else have tried this or know if its possible

Well, the samplepack is not registered or anything. Is not that formal. So this could be done. I will give it a shot. Thanks!
Mezzopiano

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAA wrote:
Load the userbank.ksc to stream from the disk, then you don’t need to worry.

Ok so this is a new one for me. I came from a triton Extreme background for almost 12 years, so this UserBank thing is new for me. I will try this one too! Thank you
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mezzopiano,

Sure it can be done with the Kronos in Sample mode. I have quite a few third party libraries myself and I split them into smaller KSCs. It's a good way to optimize your memory. You can also do this with the big PRELOAD one, etc.

Read carefully what Dan from Korg explains in the link below and try his examples for what you need on your machine. It is also explained in the manuals with the same texts from Dan.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=93039&start=0&sid=65450c1851bc0da26a560b2532ddefd4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: