Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Korg ek50 unusable

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denodan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:57 am    Post subject: My Korg ek50 unusable Reply with quote

Got an EK50 and now find it unusable. Whenever I use essemble I get a hanging note and seems to be getting worse.

I have the latest firmware update and not using a pedal

It started doing it once in a while but now does it all the time just about anyway. In 1 and a half hours playing it's happened 3 times.

As it is this keyboard is hopeless. And only had it about a week
Backpool

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure you must have a faulty instrument .... with respect this does happen with all products from time to time !
Your dealer will help I feel sure - Korg support are VERY good.
Denodan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:35 am    Post subject: Made a discovery. A bug in the software Reply with quote

I got a replacement keyboard and found I still had hanging notes. As I often use essemble as I love the rich sound at times and had often hanging notes.

Looked in the settings and seems the pedal is on by default and set to damping. Turned the pedal setting to off and now no issues.

Seems if you have no pedal and use the essemble feature will often get hanging notes.

So go in settings and if you have no pedal turn pedal to off in settings
Dogendo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem with a connected pedal (DSH-1). I ended up reselling the EK 50 (too buggy and styles fill-in are not as good as on Yamaha) ; it was my first Korg - before I had a lot of Yamaha and never a single problem. Currently I no longer have a keyboard and I hesitate to take over Yamaha or stay with Korg because my first experience with Korg is not successful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: