Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg A3 Battery Holder broken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karma180

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Korg A3 Battery Holder broken Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Korg A3 in mint condition, EXCEPT, I was rushing to change the battery and broke off a little bit of the yoke arm Sad ... now the battery wont stay in place and I need to load my patches via MIDI every time I power it up. Does anyone have a fix for this?? Thanks, Karma

I can provide a picture ...
[/img]
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitting a replacement CR2032 battery holder should give the most reliable fix. Alternatively, glue the broken piece back, using something like Devcon Devweld 531 - not a cheap adhesive - to build up a body of adhesive over the broken part, or even use the glue itself to re-form the missing piece. It won't be pretty though.

PS - please delete the duplicate post in the Legacy Collection section.
Karma180

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
Fitting a replacement CR2032 battery holder should give the most reliable fix. Alternatively, glue the broken piece back, using something like Devcon Devweld 531 - not a cheap adhesive - to build up a body of adhesive over the broken part, or even use the glue itself to re-form the missing piece. It won't be pretty though.

PS - please delete the duplicate post in the Legacy Collection section.

Thanks for the prompt reply ... that's what I'm asking; ,my local electronics wizard has said that he can not get a replacement holder and I was wondering if anyone knew of someone who can get them. The glue idea wont work as the holder is spring loaded with a surprising amount of force and a glue/plastic weld would not hold. BTW, how do I delete a post? Thanks again.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obtaining a new identical replacement battery holder might well be impossible, but an effective repair could still be made with a part that has PCB pins in more or less the same place.

Re: deleting posts, if nobody has replied to a post, then the poster can delete it, provided they are logged in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: