Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maxxaudio on pa4x: EQ & MASTER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nowhere do I see what type of PA the OP is using...

TBH, if the arranger sounds good in the studio but awful live, it strikes me that the problem lies with the PA. And trying to compensate with Maxx still doesn’t address everything ELSE being put through the PA system.

Rather than fix only the arranger, I think doing more to get a good overall sound from the PA would pay higher dividends. Try working on system EQ and very mild compression, experiment with different placement or even a different PA type. Fixing just the arranger’s sound is only sticking a bandage over the problem. Anything else (singers, guitarists etc.) will still be fighting the poorly adjusted sound. Fix the whole PA and you have fixed everything!
DELLRACHIDO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:
Nowhere do I see what type of PA the OP is using...

TBH, if the arranger sounds good in the studio but awful live, it strikes me that the problem lies with the PA. And trying to compensate with Maxx still doesn’t address everything ELSE being put through the PA system.

Rather than fix only the arranger, I think doing more to get a good overall sound from the PA would pay higher dividends. Try working on system EQ and very mild compression, experiment with different placement or even a different PA type. Fixing just the arranger’s sound is only sticking a bandage over the problem. Anything else (singers, guitarists etc.) will still be fighting the poorly adjusted sound. Fix the whole PA and you have fixed everything!

good evening

the problem appeared since the version of NEXT.
before, the quality of the sounds was very good.
I am not alone to see this problem. I have several friends who suffer from the quality of sounds at the pa4x level.
the problem resides, I think, at the level of the effects which were integrated with NEXT.

This is why, we are looking to configure Maxxaudio in order to optimize the sounds, while waiting for korg to make available to us a software update.
Aripearlmusic
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone i know noticed the overall upgrade in sound quality with OS V3. Maybe consider getting rid of the loops so you can take advantage of the wonderful mixing features instead of locking it into a bus mix
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it is worth asking someone not running NEXT what the default Maxx settings were before the upgrade?

Perhaps they were changed from before?
DELLRACHIDO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

The problem of the Pa4x lies in the quality of the sound card or in the software because by comparing it with the sounds of the pa1000 and the Pa3x (on the same mixer and with the same drumkit and sounds), you can see that the output sounds of the Pa4x is very poor since the update of the V3 NEXT version.
in the meantime, an update of the software which improves the quality of the sounds on the pa4x, the Maxxaudio setting is necessary.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There’s a difference between quality and level...

If NEXT reduced the overall output level pre-Maxx, it’s possible pushing Maxx harder to compensate might affect the sound. Perhaps simply pushing the mixer harder and reducing the Maxx might get you back to a pre-NEXT overall sound?

Not that I recall there being much of an entire forum complaint about NEXT’s sound quality in the first place. Are you sure some other factor like degraded cables, worn out speakers or amps isn’t influencing your impressions?

It never hurts to do a quick reference recording before an update so that an objective rather than subjective decision about possible changes can be made. The ear is one of the most inaccurate and imprecise methods of judging subtle changes, influenced massively by things like overall level and even mood or caffeine levels!

Our expectations for an update can often influence what we THINK we hear...
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:14 pm    Post subject: samples without audio loop Reply with quote

Aripearlmusic wrote:
.. without using a single audio loop ... Loops are for amateurs who don't know how to use sound mode properly and how to automate midi and sequences for styles and songs.

When sampling to make sure you have perfect loops it is necessary to check start and end points. This allows for better use of the loop if using it as it is (or time stretching, chopping ..).

It not a characteristic of a professional without using a single audio loop wasting a huge amount of space, rather think that the quality of a sample is crucial for how you use it, but not how much space was wasted on it.

At least for samples with the multiple duration of average notes value in StyleTracks or percussive Instruments in Midi and Sequences no huge memory is required.

But it is ok to think loops are NOTHING FOR PEOPLE who don't know how to use sound mode properly - but this applies to usage of samples generally (with/without loops).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s amazing how many top ten worldwide hits have been had by people using loops. I wonder how many Ari has had with his FAR better programming skills?!
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject: Samples with loops VS osc trigger modes Reply with quote

Korghelper wrote:
It’s amazing how many top ten worldwide hits have been had by people using loops. I wonder how many Ari has had with his FAR better programming skills?!

This comment is not fair and unnecessary, because you read Ari's posting in context with the limit of around 15,000 samples for a Pa keyboard.

For such a keyboard if a user think to need more, than that it really would be better to learn how to use sound mode properly and how to automate midi and sequences for styles and songs (without an additional amount of locations for samples/loops/slices).

If customizing sounds for Pa4x it is much more important and efficient to use edit tool for setting the sound’s basic parameters (choosing additional conditions before triggering the selected oscillator with "cycle" and "random").

You should take advantage of the sound of the Pa keyboards - and one of the advantages are the Osc trigger modes as mentioned by Ari.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Loops are for amateurs who don't know how to use sound mode properly

Perhaps I’m the wrong person to be telling what is fair and necessary?

Loops are for people that WANT to use loops. Which is the vast majority of the music industry.

Perhaps Ari’s post should have said that loops are for professionals, but the PA4X is for amateurs who will have to do clunky time consuming workarounds that won’t sound as good as the loop..?

Last edited by Korghelper on Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just reached the limit today.
I use bank 6 for percussion loops and/or sliced for 170 styles,
and sampled percussion & drums for 1070 styles (this needed a lot of programing).
Plus all my sampled sounds on other banks.

Still i reached the limit.....
217 sound locations are still empty
348 Drum kit locations are empty.
i didn't even count empty pad locations.

So:
samples =14998
sample size=746.59
preload buffer size=117.53
drumsamples=827
multisamples=799

lOOPS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM guys.....it's just Pa4x that needs to be updated so it can use the whole 1.5Gb

I will delete some strings and keep only the best variations of each instrument category i have ,so i can free up space to load some more things i want .

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
MyKorgPa5x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
i was happily surprised when i saw a clip
recorded using an i-phone,and the sound was clear.
Then i first realized that my settings were ok.
So,according to my custom styles i use,factory styles as well ,
best working settings for MAXX is like this:

EQ:

IN=BELL OUT=BELL

GAIN: 0.3 | 1.1 |-3.1 | 00 | 00 |0.3 |0.8 |
FREQ: 51 | 81 |304 |645 |2734|7298|10321|
Q :1.98| 1.19|2.62|0.88|1.02| 1.33| 0.43 |
on/off:ON | ON | ON | ON | ON | ON | ON |

MASTER:

BASS=20.5 ,TREBLE=1.6,STEREO=37=VOLUME=7.5

try it,using any speakers you have,and you will see that there is a nice balance overall

Korg1, do you have an updated version of your Waves MaxxAudio for the Pa5x that you can please share? In addition, do you possibly also have a "mic" settings?
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ηi,
What is pa5x? A toaster maybe ?

MyKorgPa5x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

korg1 wrote:
Ηi,
What is pa5x? A toaster maybe ?

Laughing

So I am assuming you don't have or had the 5x...
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Το be honest i went to see it and try it.
It got stucked the very first 30sec,i had to pull it out off power cause the power button didn't do anything.

Didn't even bothered listening the sounds.....
Just exported some styles 's midies ,just to check how they play if i load them on pa4x.Some sound ok by the way .

So, i don't think i need to get all the stress i got already from pa4x again.
Maybe after 3 or more years,if there is nothing better,and assuming it works as it should, i might give it a try,but my eyes right now are at Ketron side,just for my needs....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: