Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature Requests For Volca Drum.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kroy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject: Feature Requests For Volca Drum. Reply with quote

It would be so useful to be able to see the current preset's value for each parameter in the display - eg with the Volca Kick there is a dot by the preset's parameter value when the dial reaches it.

It's impossible to make a record of settings for any preset without this feature.

Please post if you agree and perhaps Korg will take action.

Last edited by Kroy on Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
DouggieChimes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:47 pm    Post subject: VOLCA DRUM FIRMWARE UPDATE TO SEQUENCER Reply with quote

A simple way to expand the sequencer to 64 steps would be to use the same functionality as "probability", but instead of selecting a percentage to be played randomly, you could select wether that note hits every time per 16 step sequence, or on every 1st of 2 times, or 2nd of 2, or 1st of 4, 2nd of 4, 3rd of 4, or 4th of 4. The Synthstrom Deluge does this and it is so simple and immediate and can turn a short loop into a much longer sequence.

It seems like sequence length is the main complaint about the amazing Volca Drum. I would highly encourage this feature in an update. So... does anyone read these forums?
shed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up just to bump this.

My apologies if that is not etiquette here, but both of the feature requests mentioned in this thread are my thoughts on what the Drum is missing.

Mainly the "every N-th step" feature for me, but I was also trying to think of a solution for the parameter confusion, which I think Kroy has provided an excellent solution for.
Kroy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Feature Requests For Volca Drum. Reply with quote

Kroy wrote:
It would be so useful to be able to see the current preset's value for each parameter in the display - eg with the Volca Kick there is a dot by the preset's parameter value when the dial reaches it.

It's impossible to make a record of settings for any preset without this feature.

Please post if you agree and perhaps Korg will take action.

This has been implemented on the Drum, as of Firmware update version 0114.
https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/809/4244/
Thank you, Korg!
Leeber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: VOLCA DRUM FIRMWARE UPDATE TO SEQUENCER Reply with quote

DouggieChimes wrote:
A simple way to expand the sequencer to 64 steps would be to use the same functionality as "probability", but instead of selecting a percentage to be played randomly, you could select wether that note hits every time per 16 step sequence, or on every 1st of 2 times, or 2nd of 2, or 1st of 4, 2nd of 4, 3rd of 4, or 4th of 4. The Synthstrom Deluge does this and it is so simple and immediate and can turn a short loop into a much longer sequence.

It seems like sequence length is the main complaint about the amazing Volca Drum. I would highly encourage this feature in an update. So... does anyone read these forums?

I THIRD THIS! I want to try make some drum n bass!
This is exactly what the Volca Drum needs! Please korg please!
The probability setting isnt what music is about (unless one is making generative type music) which is a minority (I would think)
Probability is whether my 5 yo son decides to press the button or not! Sad
prichard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'd "fourth" a nod to expanding the options for trigger Probability,

What I'd like to see even more is some Global options for (de)Coupling the (re)Loading of Kit and/or Mute memories that are stored w/ a Program.

Presently:

Program contain Pattern data, Motion Sequence, and some Kit # 1-16
    you CAN change kits while on same pattern
    you canNOT change patterns w/o (re) Loading kit.
    you CAN store Mute States to be (re)Loaded w/ a Program (though this IS NOT in the current manual)
    you canNOT preserve Mute states across Program changes.

I'd like additional Global options to...

- disable a Program automatically loading its saved Kit,
    - disable a Program automatically loading it's saved Mutes

...so that Loading Kits and Muting tracks becomes discrete from the "rhythmic" transitions of changing Programs.

Could the next Firmware for the Volca DRUM be updated so that:

Global Parameter 15 toggles Kit-behavior;

"Kit Recall" mode: Kit-per-program load automatically
      "Kit Persist" mode: the Kit selected since starting Play is held across switching Programs, but stopping AND (re)Loading a program loads that Program's saved Kit.

Global Parameter 16 toggles Mute-behavior;

"Program Mutes" mode: Mutes stored per Program load automatically
      "Global Mutes" mode: the Mutes become global; unaffected by Programs, Starting or Stopping of Play.

This way, as I tend to drum sounds of all my kits to a standard configuration...

1. Kick
    2. Snare
    3. Tom/Perc
    4. Bell/Perc
    5. ClosedHad/ride
    6. OpenHat/Crash

... Then I could have more discrete variation and discretion when jamming to evolved grooves, such as on my other groove boxes.

I understand that data for Accent, Motion Sequences and WageGuide/Echo settings are Saved/(re)Loaded per-PROGRAM, and I'm fine w/ keeping this, as I used these to define rhythmic motifs rather than for voicing "kits".

Cheers !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: