Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to change length of the Init Performance wavesequence?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XCenter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: How to change length of the Init Performance wavesequence? Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I know the Wavestate might be too fresh to find immediate help, but maybe someone here has already dived into the unit and know magic I still havenīt got.

I started with the first, the Init Performance.
It might surprise at first view that a neutral INIT preset on a synth already has a modulation running. Well, the Wavestates Init Performance does. But it is no timbre shift by a standard modulation source like an LFO on the Filter, it is an already initated 2-step wavesequence. So the modulation you hear is just the first two steps of the init wavesequence fading from the sample in step 1 to the sample in step 2.
So far so good, makes sense for a Wave Sequencing Synthesizer init performance.

So Iīd like to program a single layer sound with a 5-step wavesequence, morphing through 5 different waveforms. And the easiest way should be to start with the Init Performance and expand the wavesequence layer A from 2 to 5 steps. And here is where my hazzle begins: I canīt access the 3rd step of the wavesequence!
The highest step I can dial in for any lane for the END parameter remains A2 which is just the second step of the current WS. I cannot reach step 3 from the WSEQ STEPS buttons 1-16 on the panel either. Looks like some parameter is limiting the whole wavesequence to just 2 steps, but I canīt make my head around which one and the manual isnīt helpful here.

The Master lane obviously isnīt controlling the inital WS length, the END and END LOOP parameters of any other lane neither.

Any ideas?

Thx in advance
Frank
Narioso

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was confused at first too, tried to just increase Loop End, but that is not how it works.

- Press Sample
- shift + Page+ and go to Sample Lane Utility(last page).
Just browse actions with value knob.

There is copy, insert and whatever. On that page you have full control.
From and to etc.
This lane or all lanes etc
XCenter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Narioso, thatīs it of course. Applause

If Iīd be a guy who loves to complain, Iīd ask Korg what stuff they take to bury such a vital parameter into the last page of the menu. Brick wall
But Iīm not, so I roll the drum for them to come up with such a great synth! Wink

As a workaround I just took the Obelisk performance and crippled it down to one layer and a 3 steps WS. Worked well for me until I normaled the weird time lane programming. The result is very satisfying tho Iīm just scratching the surface of that beast here.
Due to its PPGish timbre I named the performance "Drunken Mozart" with a nod to Edgar Froese.

Thx man, you made my day!
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso wrote:
I was confused at first too, tried to just increase Loop End, but that is not how it works.

- Press Sample
- shift + Page+ and go to Sample Lane Utility(last page).

Small tip: you can also press Page–, and then it's the next page. The pages loop around.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Yanoa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, to avoid this and many more issues programing the synth, it's very important to read ALL the user manual before try to do something serious with it. It's not pleasent but realy necessary.

You have the explanation on how to cut, copy, paste, etc WS works in page 29.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: