Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updater and Librarian Not Working Windows 10 64 bit
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walthubis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject: Updater and Librarian Not Working Windows 10 64 bit Reply with quote

I've followed all of Korg's instructions precisely on two computers with different cables, ports, etc. and cannot get the either the updater or the librarian to recognize the Wavestate. It appears the problem is around their USB RNDIS implementation since I can see and use the USB MIDI ports.

I have an email into Korg support, but am curious to know if others are having this issue.

Cheers,
Walt
XCenter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 10 64Bit on a DELL and both Updater and Librarian work fine.

But I´ve made a mistake. While installing the Updater I followed the instructions for Win8 not the one for Win10. Rolling Eyes
Well, it worked.

So try to choose “Remote NDIS Compatible Device" for driver as mentioned in the Win8 instructions. Maybe it´ll solve your prob.
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Updater and Librarian Not Working Windows 10 64 bit Reply with quote

walthubis wrote:
I've followed all of Korg's instructions precisely on two computers with different cables, ports, etc. and cannot get the either the updater or the librarian to recognize the Wavestate. It appears the problem is around their USB RNDIS implementation since I can see and use the USB MIDI ports.

I have an email into Korg support, but am curious to know if others are having this issue.

Cheers,
Walt

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties. Did you check the Troubleshooting step to make sure that the required TCP and UDP ports were not blocked by a software firewall?
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
walthubis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Updater and Librarian Not Working Windows 10 64 bit Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
I'm sorry that you're having difficulties. Did you check the Troubleshooting step to make sure that the required TCP and UDP ports were not blocked by a software firewall?

Thanks Dan. Yes I did - as I mentioned, I followed the instructions precisely. Ports 50000 and 50001 are open for both UDP and TCP, inbound and outbound. (Sidenote: these ports have been associated with some pretty serious hacks - I'm a CISSP in my day job.)

Curiously, the updater and librarian both recognize a Wavestate is attached (Device Tab = Korg wavestate 1), but it is always "Waiting for device..." and "Connection Error" popup. I turned the firewall off for all networks and connections and still no luck. These are vanilla Windows 10 systems (Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 7) so no weirdness.

Last edited by walthubis on Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
walthubis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XCenter wrote:
Windows 10 64Bit on a DELL and both Updater and Librarian work fine.

But I´ve made a mistake. While installing the Updater I followed the instructions for Win8 not the one for Win10. Rolling Eyes
Well, it worked.

So try to choose “Remote NDIS Compatible Device" for driver as mentioned in the Win8 instructions. Maybe it´ll solve your prob.

Thanks X! But it did not help my issues. Sad
runningman67
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. Says waiting for device on my Mac running Catalina. Tried everything including changing cables. Can anyone help? Mad

Update, I don't think the Korg drivers work on Catalina.
If so, now what ?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

32 bit systems are not supported either :-(

danatkorg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
32 bit systems are not supported either Sad

Both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows systems are supported.
As in the docs, the system requirements are:

"Windows
Operating system: Windows 7 SP1 (32bit, 64bit) or later, including Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Touch panel operation is not supported."

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:
Same here. Says waiting for device on my Mac running Catalina. Tried everything including changing cables. Can anyone help? Mad

If so, now what ?

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties! We've tested the system on Catalina. (Technically, btw, there aren't any Korg drivers involved.) Is it possible that you are using a software firewall?
danatkorg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: Updater and Librarian Not Working Windows 10 64 bit Reply with quote

walthubis wrote:
danatkorg wrote:

Thanks Dan. Yes I did - as I mentioned, I followed the instructions precisely. Ports 50000 and 50001 are open for both UDP and TCP, inbound and outbound. (Sidenote: these ports have been associated with some pretty serious hacks - I'm a CISSP in my day job.)

Curiously, the updater and librarian both recognize a Wavestate is attached (Device Tab = Korg wavestate 1), but it is always "Waiting for device..." and "Connection Error" popup. I turned the firewall off for all networks and connections and still no luck. These are vanilla Windows 10 systems (Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 7) so no weirdness.

Hmm. This indicates to me that Bonjour is working for device detection, but that TCP isn't working for some reason. I'm going to talk with some engineers tomorrow, and see what we can do to investigate.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
voip wrote:
32 bit systems are not supported either :-(

Both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows systems are supported.
As in the docs, the system requirements are:

"Windows
Operating system: Windows 7 SP1 (32bit, 64bit) or later, including Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Touch panel operation is not supported."

- Dan

Thank you for this. I should have checked before posting. It would appear then that it is WinXP that isn't supported.
walthubis

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Updater and Librarian Not Working Windows 10 64 bit Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
walthubis wrote:
danatkorg wrote:

Hmm. This indicates to me that Bonjour is working for device detection, but that TCP isn't working for some reason. I'm going to talk with some engineers tomorrow, and see what we can do to investigate.

Thanks Dan,but please note this is on a Windows 10 64 bit system (1909).
danatkorg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Updater and Librarian Not Working Windows 10 64 bit Reply with quote

walthubis wrote:
danatkorg wrote:

Thanks Dan,but please note this is on a Windows 10 64 bit system (1909).

Yes, understood.
danatkorg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Updater and Librarian Not Working Windows 10 64 bit Reply with quote

Hi Walt - I've sent a PM with my email address. Please contact me, and we'll see what we can do to sort this out!
danatkorg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman67 wrote:

If so, now what ?

Just to confirm - did you go through the Catalina-specific instructions in the installer doc?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: