Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updater and Librarian Not Working Windows 10 64 bit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
transmit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I have the same problem with the connection "Wavestate Sound-Librarian Editor" using the USB port as network device (device entry = USB RNDIS adapter).

A few days ago I upgraded my WIN 8.1 (with WIN 8.1 the Sound Librarian Editor still worked fine !!!) to WIN 10 v.18.03 for the time being. All programs, EVERYTHING! is now running cleanly in my new operating system WIN 10 - only not the Wavestate Soundlibrarian connection (USB RNDIS adapter)
It can't just be the 'current' operating system of the Wavestate, as some suspect
I still have the current firmware 1.03 on the Wavestate, now since yesterday also the update 1.0.3 rev A, in addition still the Sound Librarian 1.0.1 with the latest driver, DrvTools(115_r36e)
Since I switched from WIN 8.1 to WIN 10, there is no connection between Wavestate and Soundlibrarian anymore, it's annoying and frustrating, just the many great new performances you can buy on the net......how to load them into Wavestate ?

When will there definitely be a working one! USB RNDIS adapter solution?
Or is there still another possibility

Thanks for a useful messages....

Ps sorry for my strange english

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
transmit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I have the same problem with the connection "Wavestate Sound-Librarian Editor" using the USB port as network device (device entry = USB RNDIS adapter).

A few days ago I upgraded my WIN 8.1 (with WIN 8.1 the Sound Librarian Editor still worked fine !!!) to WIN 10 v.18.03 for the time being. All programs, EVERYTHING! is now running cleanly in my new operating system WIN 10 - only not the Wavestate Soundlibrarian connection (USB RNDIS adapter)
It can't just be the 'current' operating system of the Wavestate, as some suspect
I still have the current firmware 1.03 on the Wavestate, now since yesterday also the update 1.0.3 rev A, in addition still the Sound Librarian 1.0.1 with the latest driver, DrvTools(115_r36e)
Since I switched from WIN 8.1 to WIN 10, there is no connection between Wavestate and Soundlibrarian anymore, it's annoying and frustrating, just the many great new performances you can buy on the net......how to load them into Wavestate ?

When will there definitely be a working one! USB RNDIS adapter solution?
Or is there still another possibility

Thanks for a useful messages....

Ps sorry for my strange english

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
totallykenny

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Updater and Librarian Not Working Windows 10 64 bit Reply with quote

walthubis wrote:
danatkorg wrote:
I'm sorry that you're having difficulties. Did you check the Troubleshooting step to make sure that the required TCP and UDP ports were not blocked by a software firewall?

Thanks Dan. Yes I did - as I mentioned, I followed the instructions precisely. Ports 50000 and 50001 are open for both UDP and TCP, inbound and outbound. (Sidenote: these ports have been associated with some pretty serious hacks - I'm a CISSP in my day job.)

Curiously, the updater and librarian both recognize a Wavestate is attached (Device Tab = Korg wavestate 1), but it is always "Waiting for device..." and "Connection Error" popup. I turned the firewall off for all networks and connections and still no luck. These are vanilla Windows 10 systems (Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 7) so no weirdness.
I spent four hours today trying to get this to work on Windows 7 . . I finally got the driver to install. Thanks to my friends at Microsoft .

Last edited by totallykenny on Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:45 am; edited 10 times in total
Narioso

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Updater and Librarian Not Working Windows 10 64 bit Reply with quote

totallykenny wrote:
Please please update this program for Windows 10 or Windows 7 it does not work !!!!! I spent four hours today trying to get this to work on Windows 7 and Windows 10 and it will not

I did not have a single issue with windows 7 - I think checking the proper install again....by the letter....not look at windows 10 instructions and do windows 7....

But for computer connection to play I use midi ports on daw computer. I just use a laptop to do usb stuff like librarian and firmware updates. I never use usb connections for midi to midi gear.

I do Prologue stuff too this way, no issues on windows 7.
zaphod betamax

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Modwave librarian suddenly does not work. (after 5 months of not using)
To be sure, I just updated to the latest Windows 10 update as of June 5th, 2022.

I can access my Blofeld via USB to its librarian via the same USB cable.

I checked my services and Bonjour is running.

I have not tried to access my Modwave since January of 2022, as I was busy with my analogue synths.

It has been since September of 2021 when I first successfully installed the
1.10 OS and the Librarian.

So, in that time since January something has probably changed with my Windows, but I have forgotten all the things to check on my Win OS.

I was trying to upload my first custom wavetable since the January Hiatus.

Thanks
zaphod betamax

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIXED: Had to add the MICROSOFT NDM drivers again.
For some reason they disappeared with the last Window's update.

zaphod betamax wrote:
My Modwave librarian suddenly does not work. (after 5 months of not using)
To be sure, I just updated to the latest Windows 10 update as of June 5th, 2022.

I can access my Blofeld via USB to its librarian via the same USB cable.

I checked my services and Bonjour is running.

I have not tried to access my Modwave since January of 2022, as I was busy with my analogue synths.

It has been since September of 2021 when I first successfully installed the
1.10 OS and the Librarian.

So, in that time since January something has probably changed with my Windows, but I have forgotten all the things to check on my Win OS.

I was trying to upload my first custom wavetable since the January Hiatus.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: