Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deleting from the Kronos Internal Drive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkNZ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Deleting from the Kronos Internal Drive Reply with quote

Hi everyone. My first post here. Recently I purchased EP sounds from Purgatory Creek for my Kronos. Got to say the sounds are stunningly good but I had a devil of a job getting them installed. In the process I have put unnecessary material on to the internal drive which is now full. Is there anyway to clear some of this stuff to allow more space without having to restore to the original factory settings via the DVDs. I really don't want to go down that road if I can help it. You would think such a thing as deleting selected material from the drive to be a simple task but I can't see any way to do it. Any help greatly appreciated.
Poseidon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Switch to DISK mode
- Go File -> Utility
- Navigate to the desired Directory, and Highlight the file/folder you want to delete
- From a menu ( top right corner ), select command DELETE

BE CAREFUL, DO NOT DELETE NEEDED FILES
Falcon2e
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poseidon wrote:
- Switch to DISK mode
- Go File -> Utility
- Navigate to the desired Directory, and Highlight the file/folder you want to delete

Plus 1 here. I got my K all messed up a few years ago trying to organize my files, be careful. I’m kind of surprised that you’re low on disk space.
tunaman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And of course, you can tick the Multiple Select checkbox to delete more than one file or directory at a time.

Be sure to back up the entire drive before you proceed. And if you don’t have any other external content or major modifications, you could opt to factory restore and apply the updates to get back to a clean system.
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you added EXs libraries on your unit using their dedicated .exsins install files, below is the procedure to remove their hidden files not visible in Disk mode.

Uninstall EXs

Optional EXs may be uninstalled to reclaim space on the internal disk(s). To do so:

1. Go to the Global P6: Options Info page.

2. In the list of Installed Options, select the EXs that you’d like to remove.

3. Select the Uninstall EXs command from the menu. A dialog box will appear:

Uninstall [EXs name and number]

Delete all of the option’s EXs Samples and Multisamples?

4. Press OK to continue. Another dialog box will appear, showing that the uninstall is in progress. After the uninstall is complete, a third dialog box will appear:

[EXs name and number] sample data deleted.

Related PCG, KSC etc. may remain; delete manually if desired. Only the EXs Multisamples and Drum Samples are removed from the disk. KSC and PCG files can be edited, and so they might contain your personal data; to avoid inadvertently affecting your data, these files are left untouched.

5. Press OK to continue.

6. If you like, delete the related PCG and KSC files manually in Disk mode.
MarkNZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poseidon wrote:
- Switch to DISK mode
- Go File -> Utility

Thank you for this information. It seems rather easy laid out like this. I wish the manual was as straightforward. I will have time tomorrow to do this. I will be very careful in regards to the files I delete. The last 4 weeks have been a real learning curve in regards the Kronos but I'm the better for it. The Kronos' successor, whenever that may be, should be about making a lot of this behind the scenes operations far simpler to do for the average Joe. Got to say though, I love this board. Thanks again.
MarkNZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcon2e wrote:
Poseidon wrote:
- Switch to DISK mode
- Go File -> Utility

Plus 1 here. I got my K all messed up a few years ago trying to organize my files, be careful. I’m kind of surprised that you’re low on disk space.

I too am surprised I ran out of space. The SE version has a couple of extra files on it so that means I start with a bit less space. I installed 3 of the 7 files from Purgatory Creek but couldn't load them. The Korg.com shop hadn't sent through the Authorisation codes. Purgatory Creek were very helpful and sent me the files again and arranged for the codes to be placed onto the My Kronos site, so these files were doubled up on the Drive. Still would not have thought that would take up all the space. Thanks again for your help.

Last edited by MarkNZ on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
MarkNZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tunaman wrote:
And of course, you can tick the Multiple Select checkbox to delete more than one file or directory at a time.

Be sure to back up the entire drive before you proceed. And if you don’t have any other external content or major modifications, you could opt to factory restore and apply the updates to get back to a clean system.

Thanks for that. The Korg tech over here told me the factory restore is quite a process and should only be used when all else fails. This put me off this option.
MarkNZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Also, if you added EXs libraries on your unit using their dedicated .exsins install files, below is the procedure to remove their hidden files not visible in Disk mode.

Uninstall EXs

Optional EXs may be uninstalled to reclaim space on the internal disk(s). To do so:

1. Go to the Global P6: Options Info page.

2. In the list of Installed Options, select the EXs that you’d like to remove.

3. Select the Uninstall EXs command from the menu. A dialog box will appear:

Uninstall [EXs name and number]

Delete all of the option’s EXs Samples and Multisamples?

4. Press OK to continue. Another dialog box will appear, showing that the uninstall is in progress. After the uninstall is complete, a third dialog box will appear:

[EXs name and number] sample data deleted.

Related PCG, KSC etc. may remain; delete manually if desired. Only the EXs Multisamples and Drum Samples are removed from the disk. KSC and PCG files can be edited, and so they might contain your personal data; to avoid inadvertently affecting your data, these files are left untouched.

5. Press OK to continue.

6. If you like, delete the related PCG and KSC files manually in Disk mode.

Thank you for going to so much trouble. This is really good advice. I am getting the files through my Mac computer and for some reason when using a Mac a lot of duplicate in name but garbage files come through with the good ones and I guess deleting these will free up some space. Thanks again.
tunaman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkNZ wrote:

Thanks for that. The Korg tech over here told me the factory restore is quite a process and should only be used when all else fails. This put me off this option.

As with most everything consumer, Korg took painstaking measures to simplify and automate the process as much as possible, but it always depends upon the user’s experience and comfort level.

If you are at all mechanically inclined, or have someone near who is, you may want to look into buying a larger SSD replacement drive, and perhaps even a secondary, and then perform a fresh install (or clone if you must). You will likely never worry about running out of disk space again.

Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: