Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutorial ....10 tips

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Backpool

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Tutorial ....10 tips Reply with quote

Interesting video and well done Luke from Korg!!!

Interesting to see how he demonstrates taking out style parts ( press of a button on the fly )

Nice to see this little board getting some coverage ... The Ek50's Operating System is being employed in 3 new Korg models now I see ....so we just might get a little more interest in this great 'pocket money' board.

see - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRzPmYvPh5c
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for KORG to add more styles for loading via the usb. Does KORG usually take this long to add content or were they just zooming us on that one?
Backpool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - I cant imagine Korg will.
The option is there to allow users to load User Styles. It is compatible with PA50/80 Microarranger styles. so they have done their job....well in their view!

A bigger issue is being able to manage styles when you have loaded them. Unless sets are tailored in dedicated sets of 16 (the EK will load 6 sets of 16 as a 'one hit'..end of)

problem is....this is a cheap entry board and we will never get the styles available provided for the 4X ....or they would never sell as many top end arrangers.

Another example...There is a facility on the EK called 'Music Styles' ... (basically a simple version of Songbook) ... It would have been easy I would have thought to make this expandable so users could add their own files ...but again ....dont give too much away at this level and damage sales on mid range and top end models.

The EK50 is a great board and I am so glad they have expanded the range by sharing the identical OS with 3 other models ....The more owners of these and the EK50 will hopefully generate 'some' commercially available, dedicated style sets for folk to buy... The Style Houses are missing a trick here in my view.

Keith
Mitzie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

++1 This about sums things up Keith

The Music Style has 'fixed' sounds and Upper 2,3 & LWR can't be interrogated by pressing 'shift' and the voice buttons in the usual way

Does anyone use PaManager? As this might prove useful for owners to break into and compile their own sets of 16 styles withing USERSTY01/02...etc -I've had a general request to find out who does in fact use PaManagaer sitting on the Forum (under Software & Computer Programmes) for quite some time with no responses? Again does anyone use it??

Having had my rant it's still the best 'bang for the buck' out there in it's range
Elsensee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>and damage sales on mid range and top end models<

Exact Backpool, that's it, EK50 only is a flavor enhancer, but a pretty nice one.
Meanwhile I like my EK50 very much.
The one and only I miss are better reggae styles 187 up to 189, my 26 years old PSR620 sounds more orginal.
I don't know if there are such within the bonusware. Someone here told about the sty01 - 06, once installed it is hardly to delete them.
Perhaps I open a new thread to ask for a reggae. Then I would install only this one....
Sincerely yours
Werner
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG EK Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: