Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Converting E2 to E2S patterns - I need your input

View previous topic :: View next topic  
untergeekDE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:44 am    Post subject: Converting E2 to E2S patterns - I need your input Reply with quote

Got myself an Electribe2 recently, was very happy, sold it, got an E2 Sampler, am even happier now. So what is left to do is to convert a couple of the good patterns I made on the grey e2 to the Sampler.

Actually, the process is pretty straightforward:

1. Export the pattern to SDCard as single file
    2. Rename the file from .e2pat to .e2spat
    3. Open file with a hex editor like HxD, find "electribe" ID string at offset 0x0010 and change it to "e2sampler"
    4. Map all OSC waveforms to similar e2s samples
    5. Apply a strategy to convert Osc Edit settings to sensible values

Okay, I lied. Steps 4 and 5 are not straightforward at all.

This is where I could use a little help: How would you map e2 factory sounds to e2s factory samples? And what might be a good idea how to handle OscEdit? (Apart from printing out a list of the settings for the user to adapt.)

For those who are not too happy with a hex editor, or want a fire-and-forget solution for a whole pattern archive, there is a
repository of Python scripts here by another forum user that might easily be adapted just to do the job.
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Converting E2 to E2S patterns - I need your input Reply with quote

untergeekDE wrote:
This is where I could use a little help: How would you map e2 factory sounds to e2s factory samples? And what might be a good idea how to handle OscEdit? (Apart from printing out a list of the settings for the user to adapt.)

The e2pat format has been decoded by Xanadu quite a while ago:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=95368
He even made a pattern editor in Max4Live:
https://maxforlive.com/library/device/2816/electribe2-pattern-editor

You'd have to manually build a E2 <-> E2S factory Waveform mapping table, and change the Oscillator ID in the Part section accordingly.
Various filter type would need to be hardcoded to the standard one as well, since the E2S does not have the extra filters the E2 has.
untergeekDE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Converting E2 to E2S patterns - I need your input Reply with quote

Poumtschak wrote:

You'd have to manually build a E2 <-> E2S factory Waveform mapping table, and change the Oscillator ID in the Part section accordingly.
Various filter type would need to be hardcoded to the standard one as well, since the E2S does not have the extra filters the E2 has.

3xactly. Very Happy

TBH I‘ve been lazy (a more honest way of saying: I‘ve been busy), so I haven‘t built the basic table yet - a spreadsheet list of the oscillators/samples for the e2 and the e2s. Hope I will remember to use the PDF extraction software to pull the tables from the manuals next time at work.

Still, looking for suggestions which sample to map to which.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: