Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

future update ideas for the Wavestate
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject: future update ideas for the Wavestate Reply with quote

The Wavestate is a great and powerful synth. But there are some things that would make it even better.

Heres a list of things that would improve the wavestate :

1. Import custom WAV samples.

2. Select and edit all 4 layers/programs at once- This would be helpful for treating it like a 4 osc synth .

3. LFO - speed to go into audible range.

4. Cross mod / FM between layers.

5. All of the Wavestations FX including Vocoder. Maybe some kind of FX routing like on the wavestation.

6. The rest of the polysix fx in the individual fx section - Chorus, Phaser

7. More filter models - korg 700 , prophet 5, 2600 , Odyssey,

8. Include all the M1 samples and programs.
Veeter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More filter options would be nice!

Not looking for M1 sounds, as I'm not a fan of that era of sound, in general, but I can see how many might want that.

Here's an idea... allow the ability to apply a scale to the pitch lane. In other words, it will have it so the sequence only plays notes of a particular scale.

The ability to make our own collections on the WS, not just in the editor. Sometimes I make a new patch and I want to put it into a new collection, right away.

And of course, import our own waves, but if that happens, also a way to have it so we can make multisamples mapped to keys, to make it a program. That could be done in the librarian.

Of course, the big one... a standalone software editor!
Veeter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More filter options would be nice!

Not looking for M1 sounds, as I'm not a fan of that era of sound, in general, but I can see how many might want that.

Here's an idea... allow the ability to apply a scale to the pitch lane. In other words, it will have it so the sequence only plays notes of a particular scale.

The ability to make our own collections on the WS, not just in the editor. Sometimes I make a new patch and I want to put it into a new collection, right away.

And of course, import our own waves, but if that happens, also a way to have it so we can make multisamples mapped to keys, to make it a program. That could be done in the librarian.

Of course, the big one... a standalone software editor!
afr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- import wave file
- pc/Mac editor
Narioso

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest miss they did so far to me
- sample lane
- load a multisample
- transpose semitones

this does not use map, but transpose with pitch algos.

I found this looking at why a preset sounded so awful and harsch.

- first sample in sample lane was transposed down 12 semitones
- then in pitch lanes transpose up 24 semitones, 19 semitones in steps

What are the odds this sounding good.

Pitchlane can select if to use map or actual sample - but Sample lane not - according to manual.

My conclusion is that pitching a multisample down an octave in sample lane makes it the actual sample - and then map has no functionality on this from pitch lane not being multisample anymore.

In pitchlane you can select transpose which can use map, or tune which does not use map.

So what I want - unless I misunderstood - is that Sample lane do transpose from map if multisample.

It's a strange quirk they did in this preset, but just use to learn the intricate details this unit offers.
bobbybland

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be great to see Korg bring us an editor, option to import Multisamples. Anything!!
smurf606

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/start and end points WITHIN a single sample (step) rather than within the sample lane as a whole.
2/Chord from pitch lane in a single layer - some kind of chord mode? Maybe I'm missing something here?
Thanks!
RobustAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smurf606 wrote:
1/start and end points WITHIN a single sample (step) rather than within the sample lane as a whole.
2/Chord from pitch lane in a single layer - some kind of chord mode? Maybe I'm missing something here?
Thanks!

Some samples have "offset" settings which offer alternate start points for the samples. This definitely comes in handy but it's not what you're asking for. Probably the closest thing to it at the moment though. I wish all the samples had offset parameters. Many do not.
smurf606

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobustAmerican wrote:
smurf606 wrote:
Thanks!

Some samples have "offset" settings which offer alternate start points for the samples. This definitely comes in handy but it's not what you're asking for. Probably the closest thing to it at the moment though. I wish all the samples had offset parameters. Many do not.

Thanks! - yeah I just noticed that later today. Is it because some samples are too small? I'll try and modulate them later with the step seq or lfo's
smurf606

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smurf606 wrote:
RobustAmerican wrote:
smurf606 wrote:
Thanks!

Thanks! - yeah I just noticed that later today. Is it because some samples are too small? I'll try and modulate them later with the step seq or lfo's

Ok - that doesn't do what I was hoping for. Will need to read the manual when I get a chance. So yeah would be great if we can change the start and end point within a single sample/step. Thanks
smurf606

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...also being able to use the shape lane as a source for anything - not just amp. Think I tried this a bunch of times .... maybeI'm doing something wrong
smurf606

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smurf606 wrote:
...also being able to use the shape lane as a source for anything - not just amp. Think I tried this a bunch of times .... maybeI'm doing something wrong

found this in the manual - which goes some way

"The Shape Lane creates a contour over the duration of the step. It can affect volume (when Shape Controls Volume is
On) and/or the Pitch or Step Sequencer Lanes (when the respective Lane’s Use Shape is On)."
mattydaniels

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another problem noticed is the sound cuts out on some patches and transistioning between patches totally kills the sound and have to retrigger it
Bozzy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wavestate is a really great machine! But as a downside, it's also quite demanding in terms of programming effort.

I've got a couple of requests, if someone at Kord is reading here:

1) Make cursor buttons "auto-repeating", I mean, it'll be very useful to scroll thru such long lists of samples or presets, or maybe also thru parameters.

2) Maybe this is my fault (still learning all the settings), but this morning I was editing my first simple Performance, it had 3 layers, so I've edited each of them and at the end I pressed something wrong and voilà, all my work's gone. Maybe ask to save if something was changed in the selected Performance (or Layer, or Lane, etc)?

Cheers,
Bozzy
oniram

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, make the reverb send amount programmable per layer.

Second, a computer editor.

Unfortunately, I find that the other main shortcomings of the Wavestate would require hardware mods.

- A Hold button (programmable per Layer), without any menu diving, and

- A Tempo knob, influencing every function that's dependent on internal clock.
On such a "sequence-driven" machine, it's unbelievable that there isn't one. I mean, there's a Tap Tempo button, and not a general Tempo knob?!
Even better would be an encoder, always starting from the present tempo and going slower or faster from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: