Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cant import grooves in styles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korg Fan #1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Cant import grooves in styles Reply with quote

Hi yall,
I time sliced my drum loop and saved it to a slot. When i went to the style to import it in it worked......that is until I i turned off the keyboard. I relized that it will only work after i write it until i turn of the keyboard, the next time i tun it on it will not work. is this a bug? does anyone know how i can fix this?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Cant import grooves in styles Reply with quote

Korg Fan #1 wrote:
.. I time sliced my drum loop and saved it to a slot. When i went to the style to import it in it worked......

Styles/Pads with imported Midi Groove has to be saved before you turn off your keyboard.
When the Time Slicing procedure is completed it is necessary to save the data as a new Sound. Together with the Sound (the associated samples and multisample) also a MIDI Groove with the same name will be saved/generated to the RAM memory.

Use this MIDI Groove to be imported to a track of a Style or Pad and assign the corresponding Sound to the same track and do not forget to write/or rewrite the Style or Pad.

Now your Style or Pad use the imported Midi Groove to trigger your time-sliced samples. Midi-Groove will be lost if you turn off your Keyboard, but your timesliced samples will be triggered with imported Groove if written to a track of Style or Pad. Separate Midi Groove in RAM is no longer needed.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de

Last edited by siebenhirter on Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Korg Fan #1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how to use loops, I’ve done the, on my pa900 and pa
4x. It works on the pa1000 only until I reset the keyboard....why is that?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject: timeslice Pa1000 Reply with quote

Timesliced Sound will be saved to the selected User bank location in the internal, non-volatile memory. The Multisample and samples will be saved to a free location in the same memory.

This User-Sound should be existing in the User bank also after a turn-off. If you can not find that User-Sound something went wrong writing slice data or something is wrong with the memory.

Found in the update manual Improvements and bug fixes in OS 1.3.1:
Sampling: When overwriting an existing sample, other samples in memory could be damaged.(?)
The MIDI Groove is saved temporary and is automatically deleted when turning the instrument off.
So it is necessary to import it by using the “Import: Import Groove” function in Style or Pad Record mode before turning the instrument off.
These Styles or Pads in Record Mode are to be written/rewritten with the time-sliced sounds assigned to corresponding track (it is the same with each Pa-Keyboard).

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
MusicLover400

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject: Time Sliced Reply with quote

Need your help with time sliced samples. How can you delete in bulk the samples the were created or sliced from a imported .wav file?
When I sliced it it created 20 plus samples in the RAM, didn't like the outcome when assigned to a style. There is no option to select multiple samples to delete. There is an option on the menu to delete unassigned samples which I don't wan to use.
Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Al
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: