Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connecting two microphones on KORG PA4X

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnstanley123

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:33 am    Post subject: Connecting two microphones on KORG PA4X Reply with quote

Hi....
I wanted to connect two microphones on my keyboard so i thought of connect one through the mic port and the other via the line in port. But the sound coming from the mic was good whereas the sound coming via the line in port was very low compared to the other one. Is there any possibility that i could fix this?
moebrand

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The line In of Korg keyboards are for connecting a guitar or another instrument.
Perhaps if you use a mixer or audio interface for connecting your second mic and the output of the mixer/Interface can go into Line In of your Pa4x , it is an option.
Hope that answers your question.
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Apple iMac 480GB SSD , 12GB DDR3 Ram,
logic Pro X , Studio One 3.
Dell laptop with 500GB ssd and 8GB Ram , Korg Pa Manager V4
FL Studio 11 Producer Edition
Studio One 6 Artist
Allan & Heath Zedi 10FX mixer
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica in ear studio monitor headphones
shawnstanley123

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:53 am    Post subject: Connecting two microphones on KORG PA4X Reply with quote

Is there an another alternative two connect two microphones other than that?
moebrand

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure if there is another way .
Sometimes I use the line in of my korg to connects my iPhone and play some loops to go along with korg styles.
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Apple iMac 480GB SSD , 12GB DDR3 Ram,
logic Pro X , Studio One 3.
Dell laptop with 500GB ssd and 8GB Ram , Korg Pa Manager V4
FL Studio 11 Producer Edition
Studio One 6 Artist
Allan & Heath Zedi 10FX mixer
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica in ear studio monitor headphones
shawnstanley123

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject: Connecting two microphones on KORG PA4X Reply with quote

Thanks anyway...
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A microphone preamplifier of some sort is necessary for the second microphone e.g. Sound Devices MP-1, but notice the price!! An alternative might be to use a small battery powered recorder e.g. Tascam DR-07 mk II as a microphone preamplifier. It has an external Mic input and a headphone/Line output (both stereo), though a mono mic input will probably work. Or you could make a mod to the internals of the Pa4x, invalidating its warranty. Electronics design and modification skills required.

A better solution might be a microphone mixer, where both microphones are connected to the mixer, and the output goes to a Line In on the Pa4x. Look at the SoundLab MicroMixer for this. There are two versions, mono and stereo. Both are battery powered.

steve350

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can purchased a mic mixer (splitter). It lets you input 2 mics and one output. I have one and I can't remember the name but when I do I will post it.
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have separate volume control for each mic? Unless both mics are pretty much the same, that’s going to be an issue... Especially if one’s a headset and one’s a regular handheld, or one’s a dynamic and one’s a condenser.

My suggestion if you want to use the two different inputs is something like a Mic Mechanic or VK-Perform on the mic going to the line in, that way you have independent compression and effects. Put two singers going into one mic input, and the vocal compression is going to go haywire if you are both singing together!
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only real good way of putting two mics into the PA4X is to have a mixer.

Are you thinking you will want to use the harmony facilities as well?

If you do, then plugging in two different mics at the same will likely confuse the Harmonizer and you will not be happy with the results.

I believe that there are cables available that allow for multiple mics to be plugged in together but unless it is a powered type thing, you may experience a loss in the signal for both mics.

Another option is to find a Nady DKW-Duo wireless system. It allows for two mics with one transmitter unit. I have a couple of them and they actually sounds quite good for live stuff.

Both signals from the mics are summed to one output, a 1/4". You can buy an adapter cable to go from 1/4" to XLR.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject: mike Reply with quote

for small jobs church and homes … this should work fine but not for recording a cd …
Nady Pro DKW-DUO Dual VHF Wireless Microphones For Church Sound Systems

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nady-Pro-DKW-DUO-Dual-VHF-Wireless-Microphones-For-Church-Sound-Systems/605666254?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=492&adid=22222222227260704617&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=310062280510&wl4=pla-614503616287&wl5=9005886&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=114226957&wl11=online&wl12=605666254&veh=sem
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: mike Reply with quote

duby2 wrote:
for small jobs church and homes … this should work fine but not for recording a cd …
Nady Pro DKW-DUO Dual VHF Wireless Microphones For Church Sound Systems

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nady-Pro-DKW-DUO-Dual-VHF-Wireless-Microphones-For-Church-Sound-Systems/605666254?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=492&adid=22222222227260704617&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=310062280510&wl4=pla-614503616287&wl5=9005886&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=114226957&wl11=online&wl12=605666254&veh=sem

For live work, including live recording (like a concert), these mics will work fine. They are surprisingly good, especially considering the price. I have two of these systems and they have never failed me. I remember on most of my live shows (the shows that I used MY pa system, ran sound, etc...) my lead singer could take one of the mics, walk up to one of the powered mains, put the mic directly in front of it, and have NO feedback. I didn't believe it at first, but upon doing it myself, it was true. I was amazed, because usually they will feed back. These did not.

I recently employed them with my current band and the lead singer was amazed at the gain he had on the mic versus what he was using before. He ended up buying his own (I think a Shure system), but mine worked fine; he just wanted his own system.

I am not aware of anyone doing studio recording with wireless microphones anyway.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your main issue with putting two singers into the PA4X will be if you both need to use the harmonizer at different times. You might look into a ‘switcher’ that would have two inputs and two outputs and a switch that routes each into either output. Then you can hand select who gets the harmonizer for each song and who gets routed to the main mixer.

But once again, unless it is post-preamp/eq you are going to run into issues about both mics being different levels and timbre.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: