Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wavestate Performance Deconstruction head scratcher

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
E-MAG

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: Wavestate Performance Deconstruction head scratcher Reply with quote

Hello All, I have become stumped trying to deconstruct a Wavestate performance, I’m wondering if anyone can help me wrap my head how a keyboard split is setup on a single layer. The performance is “Cashmere (Play 5ths LH)” When Layer A is Solo-ed, there seems to be a single layer split at note E3. Below E3 is a rhythmic/cycling chamber string sample, above note E3 is a single note cello with tremolo. I notice that“chamber str” sample loops through step A 1-9, while the Cello Trem is on step A10(outside the cycle of the loop). When you press a key below E3 the loop cycles through the samples, timing and pitch lane etc, but if a key above note E3 is pressed the sample lane location changes to (hold/play) on step a10 (The Cello Trem sample) Creating the split. I found the place in mod processor 2 where a Gate threshold setting of -15 controls the location of the split (adjusting that value moves the location of the split). Im confused and trying to figure out how this split is achieved if anyone can shed light on this setup I would be grateful. I’m new to this synth and wave sequencing and maybe the answer will be above my pay grade. But The ability to split a single layer adds an incredible amount of expansion to the sounds on one performance. Hopefully I was able to explain my question legibly enough.
Thank You
Narioso

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Led Zeppelin there, was it IV or V?

Best sense I make of it

C-1=note number 0
G9=note number 126
Seems reference is middle C being note number 60.
-15% of that is 51 which is D#3.
Se threshold to 0% and you get C4 as crossover note.

Sample Start and End is adjusted with intensity 9 among modulations from processor 2 when gate is above.
intensity 9 on modulation when E3 and up add 9 to step playing 10.
Modify Sample Start Step to 8 and you get step 9 instead of 10 playing.

1.67% of 126 is greater than 1, so adjusting threshold to -13.33% also change crossover note number by one.

But manual says note number is 0-126, nothing about middle C=60.
But giving that you can threshold +/- 100% this is to be assumed maybe.
E-MAG

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso
Thank You very much for your reply!
The tip about changing intensity and the step number helped a ton!
I was able to re-create a single layer split from an init performance with a shorter loop using a total of 5 samples every thing was similar except to have the split land on the same key/location as the Cashmere performance the threshold needed to be adjusted to +5 instead of the -15. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and shedding some light on the subject.. I still feel like Im fumbling around in the dark with this synth but now not as much ha ha.. I still bump into walls..
Thanks for taking the time to help!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: