Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commandline tools for the minilogue and minilogue xd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gazzar

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject: Commandline tools for the minilogue and minilogue xd Reply with quote

I just released some open-source software commandline tools for the minilogue and minilogue xd. They are currently purely Python commandline tools so they will be easy for some people and completely useless to others.
https://pypi.org/project/loguetools/
loguetools is currently three commands; dump, explode, and translate. These work on Windows, Mac and Linux (tested on Windows and Mac).
dump (the simplest tool) displays the values inside a patch or preset pack for minilogue and minilogue xd files.
explode (more useful) saves all the patches in a preset pack out as separate files.
translate (the most interesting for minilogue xd owners) converts minilogue (original/og) patch files and preset packs to the minilogue xd. Because the minilogue and minilogue xd are quite different in many ways, this was the most challenging (and fun) to write. The best I can say about how well it works is that it translates them into something reminiscent of the original, but since I don't have a minilogue I really can't tell what it should sound like. There is definitely scope for improvement in the translator and I intend to improve it over time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Minilogue / Monologue All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: