Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roland Zenology
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Not surprised you can get close to the $$4000 Fantom with the $199 Zenology subscription.

Last year, I noticed all the Roland XV sounds could be rented for your DAW. That was a big clue for me, that Roland was going to build their Cloud.

The future or at least the big promise, has always been software.

They just need the workstation of the future..
It comes with no sounds..(as it uses the pc/mac for that)
Its just a dedicated controll interface..
Sound engines, sequencers, loopers etc etc... all in the pc..
Roland cloud, korg host and gadgets, running in the pc

Where the Fantom shines, is its user interface, and keybeds..

What i dont like is renting software...
Its there for one reason, companies think they can make much more money this way..

I would also very much like to hear from anyone whats wrong with Roland clan forums? Looks like the holy place of Roland fanbase is oulled down. Wasnt it just lije korg forums privately owned?
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Jan1 wrote:
Musicwithharry wrote:
What this Zenology WOULD allow Roland to do is create workstation or synth hardware shells (hosts) and allow the user the ability to create their own workstation/synth according to what they want.

True, I have to give credit to Roland for creating a workstation that (probably) will allow users to configure it for themselves in terms of which engines /models they want to install.

GregC wrote:
Do I sound old ? Wink

You sound more like someone who could use a new computer🙂

You are probably right . Sometimes I fight the future Very Happy

And my car is from 2008 and I don't care. Even my house is newer [ 5 yrs new] Wink

2008? That is fairly new, in my book. I drive a 1999 Lincoln Town Car and my wife has a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition. I had a 1993 Chevy Caprice Classic LS. My dream car is the 1979 Lincoln Mark V Bill Blass Edition Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
GregC wrote:
Jan1 wrote:
Musicwithharry wrote:
What this Zenology WOULD allow Roland to do is create workstation or synth hardware shells (hosts) and allow the user the ability to create their own workstation/synth according to what they want.

True, I have to give credit to Roland for creating a workstation that (probably) will allow users to configure it for themselves in terms of which engines /models they want to install.

GregC wrote:
Do I sound old ? Wink

And my car is from 2008 and I don't care. Even my house is newer [ 5 yrs new] Wink

2008? That is fairly new, in my book. I drive a 1999 Lincoln Town Car and my wife has a 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition. I had a 1993 Chevy Caprice Classic LS. My dream car is the 1979 Lincoln Mark V Bill Blass Edition Smile

Grace,
Harry

I hear you. I use to own a Pontiac firebird

But it made no sense in CA. You know, CA, Midwest. often like night and day.

Here in CA, it was about good gas mileage and we have to have the special formulation for the gas.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Musicwithharry wrote:
GregC wrote:
Jan1 wrote:
Musicwithharry wrote:

GregC wrote:
Do I sound old ? Wink

Grace,
Harry

Here in CA, it was about good gas mileage and we have to have the special formulation for the gas.

Yep - I am actually from Northern CA - about 2 hours north of San Francisco. I remember doing gigs in the north bay quite a lot in Santa Rosa, Cotati, Petulama, etc... I moved to Iowa in 1999. I do not miss leaving at all, except for the musical opportunities. I was VERY busy out in CA, especially when it came to my original music.

It is much different here in the midwest and frankly, I am glad that it is so Smile

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
GregC wrote:
Musicwithharry wrote:
GregC wrote:
Jan1 wrote:
Musicwithharry wrote:

GregC wrote:
Do I sound old ? Wink

Grace,
Harry

Yep - I am actually from Northern CA - about 2 hours north of San Francisco. I remember doing gigs in the north bay quite a lot in Santa Rosa, Cotati, Petulama, etc... I moved to Iowa in 1999. I do not miss leaving at all, except for the musical opportunities. I was VERY busy out in CA, especially when it came to my original music.

It is much different here in the midwest and frankly, I am glad that it is so Smile

Grace,
Harry

HI Harry, thats good. I think people should move to pursue happiness.
Perspective is important.

I moved here [SF] from Chicago when I was 22. I never looked back.
Discovery Bay is in east Contra costa. I like the small town, rural vibe here.
For example, its cherry harvest time. Wonderful stuff.

Sonoma county is beautiful. Cool you had success here in the 90's. I think the music scene has changed. Locally, not much interest in my original music, or jazz here. Venues are all about putting butts in the seats and alcohol sales.

If it was only about music, given my listener base, Europe seems a good fit.
Going by my #'s, France, Italy, Netherlands, Spain are calling me.
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Musicwithharry wrote:
GregC wrote:
Musicwithharry wrote:
GregC wrote:
Jan1 wrote:
Musicwithharry wrote:

GregC wrote:
Do I sound old ? Wink

Grace,
Harry

Grace,
Harry

HI Harry, thats good. I think people should move to pursue happiness.
Perspective is important.

I moved here [SF] from Chicago when I was 22. I never looked back.
Discovery Bay is in east Contra costa. I like the small town, rural vibe here.
For example, its cherry harvest time. Wonderful stuff.

Sonoma county is beautiful. Cool you had success here in the 90's. I think the music scene has changed. Locally, not much interest in my original music, or jazz here. Venues are all about putting butts in the seats and alcohol sales.

If it was only about music, given my listener base, Europe seems a good fit.
Going by my #'s, France, Italy, Netherlands, Spain are calling me.

I hear ya - it seems like our original music seems to do better overseas. My music gets a lot of attention in the Philippines...go figure.

I am familiar with where you are at. When I was married out there, one of our daughters had an appointment at the Shriner's hospital in SF for hip displasia. Twice a year, like clockwork, we took a drive into SF to get her checked out to make sure she was doing ok. She is 30 now and you would never know she had any issues as a child.

I remember Sonoma well Smile I did a number of gigs there. That whole area was basically my stomping ground as a late-teen/early adult. I remember DJing rave clubs there in the city and playing on some pretty big stages. I spent a lot of time in the Oakland/Berkeley area as well.

I lived in Lake County - north of the Napa Valley area. It is a big wine area too, as well as Bartlett Pears and walnuts. I lived on and had a studio on Clear Lake, the lake in the county. I do not miss living there now, but sometimes miss the mild winters compared to Iowa, where there can be a lot of snow Smile

Grace,
Harry
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicwithharry wrote:
[
I remember Sonoma well Smile I did a number of gigs there. That whole area was basically my stomping ground as a late-teen/early adult. I remember DJing rave clubs there in the city and playing on some pretty big stages. I spent a lot of time in the Oakland/Berkeley area as well.

I lived in Lake County - north of the Napa Valley area. It is a big wine area too, as well as Bartlett Pears and walnuts. I lived on and had a studio on Clear Lake, the lake in the county. I do not miss living there now, but sometimes miss the mild winters compared to Iowa, where there can be a lot of snow Smile

Grace,
Harry

East CoCo has changed much in 20 years . You might not recognize Brentwood, for example with all the housing sprawl.

DB is boxed in from over development, which is why we prefer it here.

My1st wife was Filipino. The country loves American culture. The PI has lots of country issues, wouldn't be a place to go to, not at my age.

In the perfect world, my music has a chance in Berkely/Oakland, but the towns presents issues for a 1 man band like myself.

Fun talking with you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: