Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Triton glitching:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfschi12

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 5:04 am    Post subject: Korg Triton glitching: Reply with quote

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone ever encountered a problem with the Korg TE music workstation glitching habitually in sequencer mode.
I’ve owned the unit for 11+years and never really had this issue until now. When I’m in sequencer mode, after having recorded tracks With instruments of my choosing, upon playback the unit decides to shuffle around the instruments on track 1 , or 2 for instance, and violin becomes trumpet or synth/And so on. This, of course without me instructing the Triton to change sounds. Very Frustrating I’d imagine for a musician who relies on the unit to “gig” or produce live sequenced music! :// I was discussing this with a friend, who suggested shipping back to Korg; I’m reluctant, however, considering the age of my Triton, and potential cost— when investing in a new keyboard probably makes more sense.
Anyway, the glitching also happens in Media mode sometimes, when the usb screen disappears before I can load. Thanks to any takers! JF
jfschi12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would be nice if people answered these??
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that Korg will be still doing repairs and servicing on the Triton workstation synths nower days, they have been discontinued for many years and Korg have new machines to worry about. That said, there will be someone in your wider area who will have experience servicing these older instruments and if my M1 is anything to go on, there are a wide range of common issues that can be remedied easily by someone with the know-how. Check your local classified ads for electronic instrument repairs, or enquire with a local instrument retailer if they know of any (which they mostly will).
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
jfschi12

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:03 am    Post subject: reply: Reply with quote

Thanks Megam for answering my post, and for the suggested links. Yes, I decided to take the Triton extreme unit to Triple S in Bloomfield, NJ--an electronic repair store for music products. I am currently waiting for the technician to get back to me with an estimate, since drop-off was last week.
If nothing else, the keyboard has significant sentimental value to me, as I 'gigged' with it on numerous occasions over 11+ years. Shocked . Is it possible or likely that the tech will call with questions on how to proceed? Any experience with this, as I am somewhat new?
You can also pm me at jfschi12.
Thanks again,
Franco
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Franco, you are most welcome. Couldn't let a plea like your's made go unanswered, albeit late.
Good to hear you found someone you can take it to be repaired who is open for trading in the current situation. I completely understand the sentimental value of these old workstations and the desire to keep them alive. My M1 was my first "big" synth. I learnt to play keys on it and a lot about MIDI and sequencing so am loathed to let it go. Although I had a synth before it, it was the game-changer.
Hopefully your's will be an easy fix and the parts needed will not hard to find for the tech. I think once the tech ascertains what is the problem, they will contact you with your options and so you can decide how to proceed. My guy has some secret source for parts it seems and although the M1 doesn't come up for sale too often in the usual places, he has had the parts required to carry out the needed replacements.
I have sneaking suspicion that it is more than just a new battery that will be needed but let's hope that is all it is!
Best of luck,
Mark
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here

Last edited by megamarkd on Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
jfschi12

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark. Your hope is my hope!
We shall see: currently waiting for the repair shop to get in touch with me, for which I read it takes 10 days. Surprised As soon as I know more, I'll post here. JF
jfschi12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: status on Korg: Reply with quote

Hi again,
Heard from the tech/workshop. The price they give me is 189$ for repair. Apparently, the flash card reader needs to be adjusted/replaced. And there are cosmetic fixes they want to do, to be expected. Just wanted to update you as promised. Won't it be nice to finally have it back in my possession lol! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> General Synthesizers/Keyboards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: