Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News is always welcome :)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:19 am    Post subject: News is always welcome :) Reply with quote

Guys KorgPamanager 4.0 is out

If you own a PA model, this is the best complement/tool for making you,r Pa files.

check it out @. www.korgpamanager.com

it,s now supporting 1.5 gb of samples.
the only thing we miss now is the limit of sample numbers
Please Korg, fix this problem.

15000 to/30000 Wink

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very pricey upgrade; $70 USD. No Thanks. Its $170 to purchase a new install.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:41 pm    Post subject: opinion Reply with quote

kbrkr your right,,,

Very pricey for something that korg should have come with purchase of the keyboard ...
Roland has free apps ....that are nice ..

It is a very nice program.. under $50 ... After you configure your keyboard and you have everything where you needed and you arranged all your styles how many more times would you use the program just for sampling I don't know....

Again a great program but this is just my opinion..
showwhite

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree. I would rather see KORG release their official fully baked software editor/manager. Instead of having some 3rd party constantly upgrading and recharging me again and again.
Keymn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be pricy for some, but a must to have if creating/converting sets...wow what a great tool. Gives a new perspective On Korg arrangers. Actually inexpensive and will give owners second thoughts about purchasing newer Korg models as this can convert styles to older models.
I am combinIng sets into one. Like bonusware on one set! Happy owner of PaManager...
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keymn wrote:
It may be pricy for some, but a must to have if creating/converting sets...wow what a great tool. Gives a new perspective On Korg arrangers. Actually inexpensive and will give owners second thoughts about purchasing newer Korg models as this can convert styles to older models.
I am combinIng sets into one. Like bonusware on one set! Happy owner of PaManager...

I can consolidate SETS with V3. Why do I need to pay $70 for a product which should already be compatible with OS NEXT 3.0?
Keymn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kbrkr wrote:
Keymn wrote:

I can consolidate SETS with V3. Why do I need to pay $70 for a product which should already be compatible with OS NEXT 3.0?

In my view, if you are upgrading to another arranger, it is a good tool. If you have major portion of your sets created, no need to invest. But I have pa1000 at home and use PA3x on gig. Want to set them to be compatible and linked to the same songbook number. So have to do a little tweaking since all new to this. Makes it easier. V3 yes would be sufficient, but I am a upgrade nut when it comes to software...no different then those that buy a new arranger ever time it comes out...
Korghelper
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roland may offer free apps and editors. But they don’t support them for very long. And especially with Apple apps, the DRM makes it impossible to get these apps once taken down from the App Store.

The nature of ever evolving OS’s means a certain degree of continual support is needed for critical apps, and that’s unlikely for a free app.

I find it strange that people will pay happily for something like Office, but get miserly with an app or program that potentially saves them hours of work on their arranger. After all, how much is your time worth? A damn sight more than that app, I’d wager...

Be cautious of wanting quality apps for free. You often get what you pay for.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Respect, I undarstand many of you, You play at home or you play on a gig 3 times in 31 days, i,m playing 5 gig,s normaly, and i must play for difrent audience, manny times i must have a style that is specific for that culture, I don,t have to load that set only for one or two style or sound, I can now manage it on one .set file.
And the best is i,m doining that from my bed, when im looking at a horror movie Smile

And NO, you don,t have to buy the upgrade, if you use3,3 its ok to use with all pa models, just stay on 400 mb.
And you dont need to buy new licence evry time you reinstall PC, USE your key again and again.

MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject: Managing data in Pa-Keyboards Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
..... manny times i must have a style that is specific for that culture, I don,t have to load that set only for one or two style or sound, I can now manage it on one .set file.
And the best is i,m doining that from my bed, when im looking at a horror movie...

Managing set files with Pa keyboards is just as possible direct with onboard tools (without loading single styles).

No need to work with PC-data and enforced to internet connection but without audio control of original sounds - better done direct and auditioning directly to be heared what data will be organized in keyboard.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=122154

... same posting in Pa1000-page. I agree with karmathanever, not having encountered anything I CANNOT do with onboard tools. Also PaManager seems to be well designed and some owners enjoy having it, I have not found a personal reason to buy it.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the styles use samples in Drumkits how do you tell to 4x play that samples in every part V1 V2 intro etc???

MEDELI AKX-10

LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject: Managing data in Pa-Keyboards Reply with quote

Asena wrote:
.. how do you tell to 4x play that samples in every part V1 V2 intro etc???

This question has nothing to do with it how to manage set files.

Sounds and DrumSets of stylefiles are simple binary numbers referring to locations of pcg-data. That is the only relation styles (and other musical resources) of Pa-keyboards use to get connected to at least that samples that are existing in OS-memory for to be heared if used - regardless of which tool a set was created with.

What kind of drumkits used within the elements of a style always depends on that pcg-sound that was assigned to the tracks of the current style performance - that is how OS works internally, also regardless of which tool a set was created with.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa4x doesn’t play raw samples in the style .
Instead ,it plays midi notes .
For that reason ,you can create a drum kit with the samples you need ,assign each sample to a specific note ,then from style edit ,you can trigger the samples by creating events in the midi editor .

Do you mean this or how to tell pamanager to use the same sounds for all elements ?
For that ,there is a check box ,that you must tick .
Just double click on style ,and you will see the windows with all elements and sounds.At the bottom lines there are some tick boxes ,maybe that’s what you are seeking for
Greetings

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
moebrand

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys ,
I just got the pa manager and started to merge a couple of styles from 2 sets and saved it at the end , loaded the new set to my pa1000 and some of the styles gives an error saying style select fails .
Also I wonder how we can convert a pa4x set with 6 user sound banks and 3 DK banks to pa1000 since it has 4 sound and 2 DK banks available.
DMS 3Reed Harmonium
an old Accordion
Apple iMac 480GB SSD , 12GB DDR3 Ram,
logic Pro X , Studio One 3.
Dell laptop with 500GB ssd and 8GB Ram , Korg Pa Manager V4
FL Studio 11 Producer Edition
Studio One 6 Artist
Allan & Heath Zedi 10FX mixer
Shure Beta 87A Condenser Microphone
Audio Technica in ear studio monitor headphones
kbrkr
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moebrand wrote:
Hi guys ,
I just got the pa manager and started to merge a couple of styles from 2 sets and saved it at the end , loaded the new set to my pa1000 and some of the styles gives an error saying style select fails .
Also I wonder how we can convert a pa4x set with 6 user sound banks and 3 DK banks to pa1000 since it has 4 sound and 2 DK banks available.

This is the Pa4x forum. I suggest you try the PA1000 forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: