Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre-EQ Setting for HANDS (Edit 2) - Global or per-patch?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harrison fraud

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject: Pre-EQ Setting for HANDS (Edit 2) - Global or per-patch? Reply with quote

Hi all

I just picked up my first Wavedrum (Global) and I am loving it so far. As a hand-percussionist, I am especially enjoying the breadth of sounds and the sensitivity of some (but not all...) of the patches.

I've been known to read the odd manual, so I went in to have a look to see if there was a Global hands/sticks setting that could be changed, but all I could find was the Pre-EQ setting in Edit 2, which seems to be a per-patch setting.

So do I really need to go into every single patch and edit the Pre-EQ to "hands" if I'm only ever going to play with my hands? It seems odd that it isn't a global setting?

Thanks

Will
harrison fraud

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess I'll answer my own question.

It looks like the Pre-EQ setting is, after all, a per-patch setting and not a global one, and there is no other global setting for this.

I suppose it makes sense as the unit seems to be designed for players who are comfortable using both hands and sticks - the presence of conga-type patches and snare/timbale patches implies that both forms of playing are expected.

I'd better get working on my stick skills!
liminant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

harrison fraud wrote:
So I guess I'll answer my own question.

It looks like the Pre-EQ setting is, after all, a per-patch setting and ...snip... patches implies that both forms of playing are expected.

I'd better get working on my stick skills!

facing the same dilemma and I didn't want to get tangled up in WD editing.

I now use my left hand tips, which I keep near that sensor (and use heel for pressure) and, in my right, a small plastic glock beater which gets good dynamics and less stick noise on the rim shots.

If you have a medical contact see if you can get a plastic mallet finger splint and use vetwrap to keep it on, gives an extra dynamic to a middle finger.

I also made some small brushes and hot rods using thin willow strips which work well and don't punish the skin.

I'm a piano player so avoid hard hand work 'cos blood vessels.
sefasd33

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For instances where I want to get a little more out of the rim than it seems like it is designed for, I cut some thin slices out of a 5/8" pvc fitting and wear them on my little fingers. I experimented with other materials but found them too light or too harsh. I also have an angle metal fixture (from some kind of closet hardware) that I hold in place across my palm with a spring around the back of my hand if I want to make much use of the scratch things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavedrum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: