Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Style Resource Not Found
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taichi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:57 pm    Post subject: Style Resource Not Found Reply with quote

Hi all

I have been reading the manual v 3.1 NEXT, “File Management” section. But still need some help please.

When I select SONGBOOK, Disc, many of the entries say “STYLE RESOURCE NOT FOUND”. (Many others are ok).

But I also have the same SONGBOOK on a USB stick and that is fine. Selects and plays perfectly.

How can this be and how do I get the good stuff on the USB stick safely to the DISC please.

Thanks a lot
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi taichi

This is because SONGBOOK is just a series of links (pointers) to styles/MP3s etc... - no actual data is contained in SONGBOOK

For example:- SONGBOOK entry points to a style which MUST exist in the same style bank and location on exactly the SAME disk (if DIRECT)
SONGBOOK only knows where the expected style is and does not care about the style name.

With DIRECT data (e.g. from a USB) - even if you image copy that USB to a new one, the new one will NOT be recognised as the "same" disk (even if it has the same "Diskname"). This can be confusing.

Not sure if this helps, so if I am off track here please let me know..

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
taichi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pete

I learnt something there about Songbook, it helps me understand a bit more about my problem.

Pete, with NO USB STICK in Pa4X I boot up. “My Settings”. So internal Korg Disc. Select SONGBOOK and as an example choose “Danny Boy Freestyle”. “STYLE RESOURCE NOT FOUND” shows on screen. So I cannot play it.

Insert USB, choose USB bottom left corner, select SONGBOOK,” Danny Boy” and BINGO. There it is. STYLE ETHERAL ORCHESTA, KBS – “IRISH FLUTE”, “STRING FLUTE”, “STRING FIDDLE”, “FULL IRISH”.

Hope that makes sense. At the end of the day I would like to boot up WITHOUT any USB inserted and play “Danny Boy” with the above Style and KBS.

Thanks Pete
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the arranger brands except Ketron simply point to file locations. If the files have been moved they can't find them.
Ketron at least does this right. Each Registration contains all the information itself. It memorizes all settings, sounds, styles, text files... You can plug a stick into someone else's Ketron of the same generation and the Registration works perfectly. The styles and sounds, etc., do not have to be present anywhere else.
Not sure why they all don't do it that way, as it doesn't take that much memory.
In some ways the Songbook is superior to the Ketron Registration system though.
All the various arrangers have their strong points and their weaknesses. In my opinion Korg is still the overall leader, with Ketron very close, then Roland (although they don't have anything new), and then Yamaha.
A lot of it depends on what each individual wants and needs out of his arranger. In fact, maybe ALL of it depends on that. Smile
Sorry, old man rambling here . . .
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pete, with NO USB STICK in Pa4X I boot up. “My Settings”. So internal Korg Disc. Select SONGBOOK and as an example choose “Danny Boy Freestyle”. “STYLE RESOURCE NOT FOUND” shows on screen. So I cannot play it.

Insert USB, choose USB bottom left corner, select SONGBOOK,” Danny Boy” and BINGO. There it is. STYLE ETHERAL ORCHESTA, KBS – “IRISH FLUTE”, “STRING FLUTE”, “STRING FIDDLE”, “FULL IRISH”.

You must be using your USB to access a DIRECT SET so it will never work if your styles are in the DIRECT SET unless the USB is inserted.

I don't understand your comment "....Insert USB, choose USB bottom left corner, select SONGBOOK...." does this mean you are Loading a set from USB???
What mode are you in?

Please give exact details regarding the USB - hopefully can help you better...

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
keithwjones

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Load the SB into the SB editor and it will tell you the direct set they are coming from.

Are you in the UK?

Are you a customer of A & C Hamilton?

Keith
taichi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith

You have done me a great favour today. I have downloaded and installed Songbook Editor for my Pa4x and Pa1000. But will read the user manual before playing around with it. Well done.

I have bought stuff from A & S Hamilton but live too far north (the midlands) to visit their shop. Their videos are very good. And when I phone they are very helpful.

Original posts can lead to other things like this one. I now have Songbook Editor to play around with. I may be picking your brains later Keith.

Take care
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as i remember,songbook holds the last two folder names,no matter what the whole path is,for example if your previous Direct set was located at : usb(yourname) / .......//Backup sets/direct sets/last direct.set ,then wherever you place your direct set,it should be named as "last direct.set " and shouldbe also inside a folder called "direct sets".

This way works when using a hard drive,
it should also work with usb drives i believe.
songbook entries are recognized this way.

Otherwise,you will need to change the path manually from songbook editor or instrument itsefl

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
keithwjones

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On KB press SHIFT MEDIA this will also show you your direct folder.

As you can see I am further south than you in Somerset.

A & C Hamilton normally send out a USB stick with extra styles, one of them is ACH Direct Styles.SET. There are various ways of getting these into the internal memory so that you do not need the USB stick.

I have a Pa4x 76 which has a HD built in as standard, I have transferred the set to their but still use it as Direct. If I am going to use regularly I will take one of the styles and put on internal memory.

Keith
keithwjones

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you do anything make sure you BACKUP.

This should give you an idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fdftrFMMZA

Keith
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Korg1

I have printed off your data and spent a lot of hours reading the Songbook Editor manual. Managed to view different .SETS for comparison but early days yet.

By the way your EQ settings, I call Korg1, are still my default ones. Have not found anything better that suits my room / studio.
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Keith

I also have the 76 key with HD so that’s another idea maybe ? I may give A & C Hamilton a ring although I did not buy my keyboards from them. Just microphones, cables and things.

Yes I have done a SAVE ALL to USB and hoping the link to Copy and Paste video you sent will help. Hopefully learning a bit more each day ?

PS Would there be any advantage to doing another SAVE ALL to Internal Memory please ?

Thanks
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome.
Did you fixed the songbook issue? just rename the directset folder as your last one,and if you had placed the last one inside a folder,do the same for this now.
In case you don't remember how your folders were called,just load the songbook in songbook editor,pick up a style,and it will give you the full path to the direct set.
You don't need the whole path,just the two last folders,your directset's and the previous one if exists.

MAXX settings as i said were measured using an analyzer ,so they will not only play balanced at any speakers,but you can also hear details on factory styles,that you couldn't hear before.
Something also important,it keeps a balance between styles with different volumes
greetings

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
keithwjones

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taichi wrote:

PS Would there be any advantage to doing another SAVE ALL to Internal Memory please ?

I leave the internal alone. Why - because you have a large HD that is where I make another copy of SAVE ALL.

I also have KB connected to my computer and copy from KB HD to my computer for another backup.

Keith
taichi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Korg1 and Keith

I feel a bit guilty about taking your time up. Just an observation today on Songbook Editor. Please bear with while I try to explain the best I can. Pa4X 76

Launched Songbook Editor. Inserted USB stick, selected a .SET folder. Chose example “Danny Boy”. Showed Resource Direct 10 – 34. Etheral Orchestra. It selects and plays fine with the USB inserted in Keyboard.

But take the USB out, throw it away, select Korg Disc and location Direct 10 – 34 (as above) shows ROCK CHACHA. “Danny Boy” will not play on korg Disc. (“Style Resources not Found”)

Does this help at all in getting as an example say “Danny Boy” to open and play on the Korg Disc.

I hope this makes sense, sorry to be a pain.

Take care.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: