Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Waldorf Iridium

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject: Waldorf Iridium Reply with quote

https://www.gearnews.com/waldorf-iridium-the-quantum-in-a-desktop/

https://youtu.be/n-Dfx2tR57I
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Waldorf have released a keyless version finally, but disappointing they have removed the analogue filters....
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamarkd wrote:
Nice Waldorf have released a keyless version finally, but disappointing they have removed the analogue filters....

Different market..

But it does have double the amount of voices
And dual timbrallity
Which actually makes it 2 Quantums at half the price of the keyboard version.

While not precisely the same as the analogue filters, the new digital quantum filters sound awesome. Puts the iridium on top of my desktop synth pick list.
pranaearth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been debating about getting the keyboard version for years now.
With this module, it's a no brainer for me.
I think it will compliment the Wavestate beautifully
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, this is simply the best sounding and most interesting digital hardware synth out there.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been spoilt by the Waldorf filter sound after grabbing the 4 Pole, 2 Pole and becoming a Gallifreyan (I have two Pulses), but what started it all for me is the Microwave XTk. I know what to expect out of Waldorf with regards to digital filters and I'd be silly to over look this because I want to be a filter snob!

edit: wasn't there a post after this here before? All opinions are valid as instruments are a personal thing. I could argue that the DX7 is not nearly as powerful as the Iridium, but hey, if some prefers the sound of the DX7 the bells and whistles on the Iridium mean nothing!
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: