Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change piano model without changing effects settings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saltech

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:04 pm    Post subject: Change piano model without changing effects settings Reply with quote

Is it possible to do this? If not, can it be added as a feature request?
The scenario is this:
1. I choose a basic model from the presets e.g. EP1 1A,
2. Then I dial in the amps and eq and fx etc. Probably spending quite a lot of time getting it just right.
3. But then I want to hear how this effects combination would sound with a different piano, e.g. EP1 2B.
4. So I choose a different piano model and all my FX disappear / are replaced with the preset FX.

Is it possible to do this without always returning to step 1 and having to redial the FX?
So, essentially I'm looking for a mode where the piano model is de-coupled from its FX and other settings.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no piano model decoupled from the effects, as such. Try saving the altered piano as a Favourite. The changes should remain, when the favourite is recalled. The Editor is quite useful, for this kind of thing.

Saltech

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saving the altered piano as a favourite is good - for recalling it later - but it still doesn't allow the easy creation of variants involving the same signal chain, but with a different input (piano).

The SV2 recreates a signal chain - piano going into FX, into an amp, into ambience etc. I've done this "in real life" using my RD1000, fx pedals, amp etc, and it's really useful and normal / natural to be able to change the source sound into the signal chain. Having all the fx and amps built in to the SV2 is amazing and being able to have all of it change when a sound is recalled is also very useful, but it would also be great to have the option to keep the signal chain.

This seems like a missed opportunity for creative sound editing. Does Korg ever look to these forums for firmware feature requests?

I noticed the "lock" button combination under the piano select knobs and hoped that would do it, but no...

One way to implement it would be to use these lock buttons to select the items you didn't want to change when a new piano sound was selected. e.g. lock buttons + click the FX knob would freeze that effect's setting when selecting a new piano. The effects could still be manually changed, but wouldn't change with the piano model. Or simply a button combination that would toggle this mode on and off for the entire signal chain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-2 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: