Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Performances
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
synthnut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject: Performances Reply with quote

Does anyone know how many performances can be stored in the wavestate at any given time without overwriting other performances ? Can single performances be deleted to make room for more desired performances?
Thanks in advance ..... Jim
Narioso

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just a database that grows, and said to be good for more than 10,000 stores.

Shift+Write always store as new, so nothing is overwritten.

You can access them individually from a list, or map 64 at a time to set lists that also can store as many as you want with their own names. Set lists are accessible performances in 4 banks of 16 on the buttons on panel.

One set list at a time is active, and program change over midi 0-63 select one of those performances on active set list to be activated.

Storage also hold presets on various levels for convenience, like Performance, Program(layer), Wavesequence(8 lanes), individual Lane(if 8 different) etc.

So you can select to store Performance and everything is there as you expect. But can also decide that this sample lane I am working on will be reused, and you can make a preset on that level as well.

A program holds wavesequence or single multisample and effects. So 4 of those each Performance. A wavesequence is also all the synth stuff you are used to on panel, envelopes, lfo's etc. Single multisample is like a full piano just playable mapped over all keys, no sequencing on those, but can be on just one layer combined with other layers that may be wavesequences.
synthnut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso,
Thanks for your reply.....It’s my understanding from another forum that when downloading 3rd party performances that you can only download 32 at a time...One set that I would like to purchase has 40 performances...I’m wondering if any of the performances get left behind ? Thanks again for the info....I’m sure glad that the database can grow !!......Jim
synthnut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....just thinking.....perhaps it’s not downloading, but one can only “install”32 performances at a time....maybe if installing a group,it has to be either a group of 32 or 64 as per the set list slots ????.....Not sure....just guessing....Thanks, Jim

PS....can’t wait for an editor for this wonderful synth
Narioso

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ought to be something through librarian - it does not have anything sysex.
Just made a backup initially to see that it worked and left it.
fjs714

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Performances Reply with quote

Hi Synthnut,
I think I know the website you're talking about--Ultimate Korg Wavestate.
I purchased 4 Performance sets from Marc Barnes. All very nice. As long as you use the Librarian and have your Wavestate connected to your computer, you'll be able to install as many Programs and Performances as you want into the Wavestate. Once installed, you can then pick and choose your favorites and place them into the 16 part Set Lists. I think you can make 3 or 4 of those.
Frank
synthnut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frank,
I bought an aftermarket soundset, and didn’t know how to install it, so I just flew by the seat of my pants.... I ended up importing the performances one at a time into the database...It took a while, but I got them all...
So tell me....how do you import the entire soundset all at once ?
synthnut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frank,
I bought an aftermarket soundset, and didn’t know how to install it, so I just flew by the seat of my pants.... I ended up importing the performances one at a time into the database...It took a while, but I got them all...
So tell me....how do you import the entire soundset all at once ?
padking

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feaH097EUfc
fjs714

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:43 pm    Post subject: Performances Reply with quote

Hi,
Padking sent a terrific video. Its the one I used. It should help a lot
synthnut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you import the performances, doesn’t that already include the programs,or do you have to also import the programs separately ?......Thanks for the info...much appreciated
Narioso

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything in parameters is there in a Performance save.

But note that Programs names listed, is just the Program they started off with - so if parameters affecting change, name does not change in Performance.

So if you like something, maybe just a layer, save that away first under new name, then you know everything is there.

If just loading a Program by name that is part of a Performance, it may not sound the same as in the Performance.

But again, Performance hold every parameter.
fjs714

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:37 pm    Post subject: Performances Reply with quote

Synthnut,
As per the video----If the sound set you buy has a folder for Programs and one for Performances, then you have to install both. First the Programs, then, the Performances. If you purchase from Mr. Barnes, he gives you a folder with Programs and another with Performances. He also gives you a PDF folder showing how to manipulate each performance. You probably know that doesn't get installed. Each 3rd party Performance sets may be different; in that there is only one folder with the Performances. I've only purchased Mr. Barnes. He has both. Hope that helps.
Frank
synthnut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The install instructions that were included in my soundset did NOT open, so I wasn’t sure what to load....You guys on this forum are extremely helpful... I do my best to research,but as you guys know, not a lot of info is out there... I appreciate the help !!....Jim
synthnut

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just rechecked my download....There was a performance file, but no program file....I’m assuming that the sounds that I purchased use the already loaded programs...I’ve got my new performances in their own set list...I’m gettin there, slow but sure...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: