Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Performances
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Narioso

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

synthnut wrote:
I’m assuming that the sounds that I purchased use the already loaded programs...

No, the Performances contain everything. A Performance as loaded does not need to load any Program. It has every parameter of 4 programs, even if you just have 1 layer active. A Performance does not have references to the Programs therein, it contains all parameters.

Set Lists in Wavestate though, reference a Performance on each button that exist in database.

It's when you build a Performance that you can load a Program as a set of parameters for convenience.

As you can build a Program by loading a Wavesequence as part of it.

Building blocks in building blocks.

If 3rd party libraries provide both Performances and Programs is not because they are needed for Performances, it's for your convenience to build your own stuff. (I explained a bit in my former post how you otherwise better save away Program in each layer under a new name, to be sure you have it as existing in what you heard).

A Program contain all controls on panel, like filter and envelopes and effects and stuff too. Once you load a Program you can just turn a knob somewhere and now what is part of this Performance, as saved, is different than the loaded Program. Program also contain modulations, so once added or removed modulation or changed a parameter in the modulation - it differs from a Program as loaded.
synthnut

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narioso,
Sorry for the late reply....I’m trying to figure out why a 3rd party, or ANYBODY would include “programs” unless they pertained to the perfomances that they sent to you....????....

Every performance has a set of instructions to tell the synth what to do to create a certain sound.....Wouldn’t that be considered a “program” ? Even if it was only one layer ?

Also, if you edit a performance, and you don’t save what you edited, doesn’t the performance go back to it’s original state ?

Thanks again.....Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: