Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Realtime controls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitRae

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Realtime controls Reply with quote

Is it possible to save an effect that's controlled by one of the knobs, so you won't have to turn the knob again to get the same effect?
For example, if one of the knobs is assigned to F/A Attack and you turn it all the way up, can you save the turned up attack to the combi or program without having to turn the knob every time?
Big Bear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I exactly have the same question !
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you can't do that, but you can instead find which parameter/s is/are controlled by that particular knob, set the value of that parameter to desired number and then write the program.

When you rotate the knob, parameters affected by that knob don't change their values - knob affects modulation to certain parameter, not parameter itself.
KitRae

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man!
I'm gonna try that tomorrow, when it's not so abnormally late.
KitRae

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked!
Thanks again!
GargoyleStudio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that in Program mode after turning the knobs, if you write the program the new settings are saved. Can't check this though right now.

There's also some settings on the Program front page which you can adjust up and down, e.g. attack, filter. I tend to flick to Program mode, make adjustments quickly, then go back to combi mode.

It'd be nice if you could edit programs directly from combi mode (like you can on the Fantom/Roland series).

Mike.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have a feeling that in Program mode after turning the knobs, if you write the program the new settings are saved

Wrong feeling, dude.

Knobs don't alter parameters. They alter MODULATION to parameters. Go to program Edit, find the parameter controller by knob, rotate the knob and.... nothing happens in editor. So you can't write anything new without changing the parameter manually, by increasing/decreasing values.
GargoyleStudio

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partially a right feeling! In Prog mode, if you turn the knobs and the 'realtime controls' LED isn't on Assignable1-4 then the changes you make to the sound will be saved when you write. If set to Assignable then no, the changes aren't saved, yes you have to look at the modulation target and adjust directly. I use the knobs quite a bit to adjust filter cutoff, resonance, attack, decay, then write, it's very quick.

In combi mode the only knob controls that you can change and write are the valve force ones. None of the others get written.

Mike.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are right, Mike, I see you dissected those knobs now.

Regards,

shrike
bpoodoo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GargoyleStudio wrote:
In Prog mode, if you turn the knobs and the 'realtime controls' LED isn't on Assignable1-4 then the changes you make to the sound will be saved when you write.

The B-mode Assignable 1-4 knob settings are saved if they correspond to CC#70–79 (except for some parameters?).

Which program parameters are changed for each knob / CC# are documented in the Parameter Guide at p. 286.

While you can hear the changes before you write the program, you can only see those parameters changed after you have written the program. It's usually a percentage of the previous value based on how much you turned the knob clockwise (+) or counterclockwise (-) where 12 o'clock=no change.

It was news to me that any of the realtime controls were being saved! Good to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: