Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steps not playing for no apparent reason

View previous topic :: View next topic  
octodigitus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Steps not playing for no apparent reason Reply with quote

Hi, so I am madly in love with my Electribe 2 but at the moment we're not getting along so well.... I have a problem sometimes where I have a part that plays just fine, until all of a sudden certain steps won't play. They're turned on in sequencer mode, step edit mode shows the velocity is high enough to be heard, and even after clearing and re-recording the part nothing will play at those steps. This even happens when the part is soloed so it's not the polyphony limit. At the moment I'm struggling with a kick drum part, and I think when this happened before it was also drum parts. Anybody have any idea what's going on? I have firmware 1.05.

Thanks in advance.
kofla

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Steps not playing for no apparent reason Reply with quote

octodigitus wrote:
Hi, so I am madly in love with my Electribe 2 but at the moment we're not getting along so well.... I have a problem sometimes where I have a part that plays just fine, until all of a sudden certain steps won't play. They're turned on in sequencer mode, step edit mode shows the velocity is high enough to be heard, and even after clearing and re-recording the part nothing will play at those steps. This even happens when the part is soloed so it's not the polyphony limit. At the moment I'm struggling with a kick drum part, and I think when this happened before it was also drum parts. Anybody have any idea what's going on? I have firmware 1.05.

Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem! with FW 1.03. its part of the glitches.
octodigitus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way to get around this problem?
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this as well a couple times, it's just a bug unfortunately. Only way I've gotten around it is just to copy a blank pattern over the current one and start again. Sad
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Steps not playing for no apparent reason Reply with quote

octodigitus wrote:

Thanks in advance.

I remember when I had this exact issue. I posted the hell out of this and I got was crickets from the forum.

That was until one E2 user had a solution to the problem. I can't remember what solved it but, and I'll have to dig around the answer. It was not a bug but part of how the unit functions in using the arp and the touch pads at the same time. I'll be back to pull up what it was.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is:

gsrosser1989 wrote:
Yes when I say activating I mean un-muting. Muting parts helps the problem because you're reducing the amount of sound the electribe has to process, therefore allowing space to flow between your sounds. I normally look at the pads on the electribe in sections of four, and think of the synth engine as being a polysynth and if you go beyond 3 synth sounds the device has to make room for the 4th synth. I think there can be exceptions depending on what synth sound you're making. Like say you're making a higher pitched sound to layer on top of lower more robust sounds. That normally works out and prevents the skip. But if you have all lower pitched sounds going at once, or higher pitched, the skip will more than likely happen. Same goes for the drums but drums and other instruments normally have less release than synths do so you can layer more of those than you could the synths. Hope this helps!

After I understood this, my skipping problems ended.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
Levakama

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try clearing motion sequence.
octodigitus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Levakama wrote:

Didn't work, unfortunately.

Quote:
Only way I've gotten around it is just to copy a blank pattern over the current one and start again.

I tried copying another part and redoing the part which didn't work. I haven't tried redoing the whole pattern cuz that would just be awful. It could be because it's one of two kick drums. Some steps work and some don't. I really hope they get this fixed in the next firmware as it's pretty aggravating.
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this happening on parts 13-16?
apapdop
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choke groups?

Volca Sample, FM, Beats, Kick. OP-1, Monologue, Pocket Operators. And an ipad.
Tarekith
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my thought.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Levakama wrote:

YES! Motion Sequence was a culprit in many cases. If you have to many Motion Sequences programmed into the same pattern it causes skipping issues and one time I got a huge Motion Sequence error!

This is one of the main reason I have written so much about the problems of motion sequence. It is the one feature (as it is implemented) I hate the most.

See when you think Motion Sequence is off because you chose, in that part, to be set to "OFF"; motion sequence is never really "OFF". What happens is if you keep continuous recording ON and you move the knobs, those knob movements are still being recorded, even though you selected Motion Sequence OFF. I do continuous recording all the time which why I have grown to hate motion sequence recording.

So if you are like me and enjoy the awesome continuous recording feature of the ES2 or E2 remember to turn off the record button before you turn a knob.

I don't know how much this tip will hep others but it has helped me.
Korg DS-10
Korg PadKontrol
Korg K25
Korg Monotron
Korg Electribe 2
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Roland GK-3A
Roland GI-20
Fishman Triple Play
BC Rich Guitar

My Music
octodigitus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to resurrect this but...

Tarekith wrote:
Is this happening on parts 13-16?

apapdop wrote:
Choke groups?

I'm embarrassed to say this was my whole problem all along. I'm amazed I didn't think of that. Thanks much for the advice, you saved me a lot of misery! Just when I think the E2 is as much of a buggy mess as people say it is....
spooncore@yahoo.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I'm newish to the Korg electribe but have the same problem being described in this thread part 13 has no sound on step 1.

I notice choke groups mentioned.. can any one explain to me what that is?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: