Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

e2sEdit: an editor for the electribe sampler
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dschroeter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:14 am    Post subject: e2sEdit: an editor for the electribe sampler Reply with quote

NOTE: This should be considered beta software. Back up your e2sSample.all BEFORE you use it!

Please kick the tires and let me know if you find a bug!

http://flosaic.com/e2sEdit

NOTE 2: I am not a programmer. If you are and know how to get this hosted on something like github, let me know!
mikejarod

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man you are my hero!
If it works correctly Smile

edit:
Great work man!
1. It would be awesome if it could import samples in bulk
2. It saves automatically? Dont see any save button
3. What do the columns Ld and Tn mean?
dschroeter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for trying it! Not sure how to handle multiple files, but I'll look into it. Yes, it saves automatically, just close it when you are done. Ld is Loudness (aka Play Level) and Tn is Tuning.
_INTER_

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff. I'm SE I can help you with hosting it on Github (and probably with code if you need (omg its Swing and all in one class, my eyes are bleeding ^^))
dschroeter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer to help. I thought I made it clear but I'll note it once again: I'm not a programmer and I know this code is horrific. On the other hand, it works.
_INTER_

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great someone is creating an editor like this though. If you wish and got time, I could help sort things out.
gizmoismogwai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could kiss you. I cannot WAIT to get home and try this out. You are truly a god among men for taking the initiative here. I wonder - how did you build this without coding? How'd you get your head around the e2s file format?

Last edited by gizmoismogwai on Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
aquifer_music

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo clutch! Thank you.
dschroeter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "wrote" it in Java with Eclipse, but I've never had any formal coding training. It's a hodge-podge of hacks that I googled, copy-pasted, and forced into working. The tough part was figuring out the file format, but fortunately there isn't anything too cryptic in that. The slicing data is really strange, but that's pretty easily done on the device, as opposed to things like renaming a sample, which is much easier on a PC.
alex921

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alot, would be helpful to alot of people!
gizmoismogwai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far this thing is brilliant and I really appreciate the work you put into this. I found some bugs and I'll report here - hope it helps.

I'm using Mac OS X 10.10.4. Software works just fine. I ran into a couple of issues when I was trying to load my newly edited .all file into the sampler.

1. I added a bunch of stereo samples to the .all file that I know played fine when I loaded them in via the e2s' sample import menu. but for some reason, I got a format error when I tried to load the file. I couldn't figure out if this was an issue with an individual sample but I do know for certain I wasn't going over the 270 sec sample limit. Not super helpful, I know but this points out that there are format errors for some reason along the way.

2. The Seconds Remaining indicator doesn't seem to go any lower than 230 seconds. I keep adding samples and while it's got the # of samples count correct it won't give me a number below 230 so I'm never totally sure of how much time my samples take up.

Other than this stuff it seems to be working well! I have to say, the ability to change categories and quickly rename files is really useful! I just wish there were some way for the software to catch potential errors with samples or formatting ahead of time but I'm not so picky when something this great lands in my lap Smile

My immediate wishlist:

-drag and drop samples into the main window
-add multiple samples at one time
-select more than one sample to edit parameters for at a time
-drag and drop for sample re-ordering

You're a hero!
dschroeter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I was hoping it would run on a Mac; I'm PC-only but that's why I chose Java.

On the site I have more info about your problem, but basically some programs generate .wav files with poorly-formatted headers. These will cause a host of problems, including the remaining time inaccuracy. I think loading them into Audacity or similar and re-saving should solve it.

EDIT: Confirmed with a real-world test. I loaded a .wav with a garbage header into Audacity and exported it. This fixed the header as well as reducing the file size from 70kb to 3kb!

To be honest, the application does what I want and I've put up the source. I was hoping coders in the community would take it from here.

Or maybe Korg will make a Sample Librarian like they used to for every sampling product? J/k LOL brb /s
gizmoismogwai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dschroeter wrote:
Cool! I was hoping it would run on a Mac; I'm PC-only but that's why I chose Java.

On the site I have more info about your problem, but basically some programs generate .wav files with poorly-formatted headers. These will cause a host of problems, including the remaining time inaccuracy. I think loading them into Audacity or similar and re-saving should solve it.

EDIT: Confirmed with a real-world test. I loaded a .wav with a garbage header into Audacity and exported it. This fixed the header as well as reducing the file size from 70kb to 3kb!

To be honest, the application does what I want and I've put up the source. I was hoping coders in the community would take it from here.

Or maybe Korg will make a Sample Librarian like they used to for every sampling product? J/k LOL brb /s

That's completely fair. You've done more than enough here! I do hope that someone in the community is able to take it a bit further. If I had the talents required I would be all over this. Even in its current state it works great so thanks again.
elelinde

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much man for this editor !!!
Really helpfull.
_INTER_

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on it. Porting over to JavaFX first. This will take a while though.
I will ofc only realse anything if dschroeter approves.
http://i.imgur.com/XzDZRcp.png
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: