Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Addition of new Programs???????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
padking

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject: Addition of new Programs??????? Reply with quote

I was wondering, I bought 4 sets of patches from Marc Barnes (very good by the way) included in those where programs and performances. When you look at the librarian you see that the programs are added from no 379 to 437 .I was wondering how does the wavestate keeps track of the changes ???? if the performance are made of programs how do they know that the reference number have change? (the original programs) at least from 379 to 437 ????? There's a lock icon besides them meaning they cannot be deleted and/or modify ????
Everything is working fine after the addition of the new programs, just dont know how the hell they do it ? Just being curious.
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall watching a vid on YouTube how this works. Might be this one: https://youtu.be/feaH097EUfc?t=29

And if that's not the one, I'm sorry. Otherwise, let's just say it works by PFM. (Pure ****ing Magic). :)
padking

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a video from Marc Barnes who sold me the patches, It shows how to import patches but nothing more, maybe one of the magician working for Korg will reveal his secrets, they must drink some potion or maybe a bit of smoke................. who knows !
padking

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a video from Marc Barnes who sold me the patches, It shows how to import patches but nothing more, maybe one of the magician working for Korg will reveal his secrets, they must drink some potion or maybe a bit of smoke................. who knows !
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure it's been covered somewhere how it works. Probably by Dan. Either here or on another forum. Is there no information in the user manual? I don't even own a Wavestate yet... so while I've looked through the manual, I haven't read the entire thing. And I'm gonna be pretty much useless in answering the question you have. I can guess based on how the Kronos handles files and samples with unique IDs, but I don't know for certain. It's probably something pretty simple. Usually is.
HardSync
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't have the finer details of how it all works, the manual does say this (emphasis mine):

Quote:
Saving Sounds

The Performance, with its four Layers, is the main way of selecting, editing, and saving sounds. While you can save Programs, Wave Sequences, and Wave Sequence Lane Presets, you don’t have to do so: all data is contained in the Performance. Similarly, when you load any of these data types into a Performance, a new copy of the data is created in the Performance. Any edits affect only the local copy inside the Performance, and not the original data. This lets you edit freely without worrying about affecting other sounds.

So I'm gonna guess that's how it's done.
padking

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! I think you put your finger on it. Very clever way to deal with the adding of programs......the performances contains all the needed informations........so no potion and......I will have a nice cup of tea anyway. Thank you very much for the information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Wavestate / MkII / SE All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: